PNC Pittsburgh PA United States
2 weeks ago
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. This position is primarily based in a location within PNC's footprint. Preferred locations are listed in this requisition. Responsibilities require time in the office or in a field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely. Additional locations may be considered.
Work schedule is 3rd Shift: Friday thru Tuesday; 9:30PM-6:00AM EST
Qualified candidate will have preferred experience with;
Extensive knowledge of Middleware Products
WebSphere ND/WebSphere Base
Linux (RHEL 7/RHEL 8)
Ideal candidate will;
• Performs administration incident support, as well as triaging incidents, and document the incidents in Service Now, which occur in the middleware space as a result of patching in support of our self-scheduled patching cycles.
• Must have a solid understanding of WebSphere, Tomcat, and Apache layers installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux to include facets of troubleshooting issues independently.
• Work with the middleware engineering teams to track middleware patch releases as well as test them prior to going live for a patch cycle.
• Provides technical operational, analytical and research support to technical teams as well as management through both written and verbal communications.
• Performs advanced administration requiring sound and thorough knowledge of specified operational products /services.
• Drive patching incident resolution, diagnose, and document root cause analysis of production problems related to middleware patching.
• Manages the requirements for planning, organizing, and implementing enterprise-wide technology infrastructure and configuration management functions.
• Leads the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of major configuration changes from acquisition to termination.
• Oversees the effective implementation and use of the configuration management process, methodology, tools, procedures, and audit activities.
• Develops and publishes metrics to qualify and quantify configuration success; ensures that configuration practices are in compliance with standards.
• Ensures the accuracy and validity of the configuration database for content on assets, major infrastructure and platform components, system documentation and service components.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
• Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
• Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Configuration Management – Knowledge of and ability to manage the process, tools and techniques for managing hardware, software, communications, facilities and personnel that provide the organization's IT services.
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) – Knowledge of and ability to apply ITIL processes and standards for managing the IT infrastructure.
IT Quality Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of specific technical tools and testing methods to ensure the quality of IT production.
Performance Measurement and Tuning – Knowledge of and the ability to monitor, measure, and optimize individual and combined utilization of hardware, software and telecommunications components.
Software Change Request Management – Knowledge of, and experience with, managing product change requests from customers, prospective customers, vendors, and internal staff.
Software Product Installation and Support – Knowledge of, and experience in, helping customers install, integrate, and operationalize software products or systems.
System and Technology Integration – Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.
Systems Software Infrastructure – Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected].
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices
Pittsburgh PA USA
Jobs in Pittsburgh PA United States
Infrastructure Configuration Consultant Pittsburgh jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.