Hendrickson Australia Auckland New Zealand
4 weeks ago
At Hendrickson, we move the world - both through our best-in-class suspension systems and the work of our amazing team of people.
We're currently looking for a Sales Engineer to provide technical service management of Hendrickson product and to lead, guide and support the timely and effective resolution of customer issues in the field. A key part of this role is to generate customer interest in Hendrickson product by educating customers on features and benefits.
Applicants will be based in the Auckland region and be willing and available to travel regularly in the north and south island as required to support our customers.
You’ll be responsible for technical service management to truck & trailer customers including OEMs, dealers, fleets and owner operators to resolve installation and service concerns.
• Where necessary provide hands on assistance with troubleshooting and concern resolution,
• Continuously improve ways of improving our service and or... products and provide feedback and reports to management,
• Conduct customer training in efforts to educate customers on features, benefits, and fitment of Hendrickson product,
• Design content for product service update bulletins as and where required.
• Report and escalate activities and concerns of a service warranty nature regarding Hendrickson products,
• Conduct detailed technical investigations on repair and maintenance aspects of truck and/or trailer suspension,
• Assists Sales Managers with regional or major fleet activities,
• Co-ordinate efforts to correct any customer complaints relating to product performance.
• Work closely with our Engineering and Product Support team at our Regional Head Office located in Melbourne, Australia.
Critical to success will be your ability to join the dots and develop ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You’re self-motivated and down to earth in approach and able to flex behaviourally depending on the needs and requirements of your customers. You enjoy dealing with people from all walks of life and can relate equally with more corporate customers, as well as owner operators and small business owners.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will ideally have:-
• a good knowledge of the heavy vehicle industry having worked within the industry previously as a mechanic or similar,
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (strongly preferred).
You’ll be a self-starter who can work independently and who possesses:
• A strong technical and/or mechanical bias with significant technical exposure gained through work experience,
• A methodical and solutions-based approach to problem solving,
• Good attention to detail,
• Proven relationship development and negotiation skills,
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to enable development of good working relationships with customers and internal departments,
• Be proactive, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision,
• Strong organisational and time management skills,
• Good knowledge of health & safety in the workplace,
Whilst diploma or degree level qualifications in engineering, business or marketing are preferred, candidates with a trade background and industry experience are also encouraged to apply.
Whether you're in a similar role currently or looking to take the next step in your career, what matters to us most is that you bring your "whole self" to work each day and actively contribute to sustaining and building our amazing culture. We’re growing and looking for people to grow with us!
WE'RE PROUD OF OUR CULTURE
We like to think we've something very special at Hendrickson!
For us, it's all about continuing to evolve the amazing culture that our wonderful team of people have created. We're big on personal and mutual accountability, team work, continuous improvement and playing to our strengths. For those wanting to go the extra yard who have a bit of fire in their belly and passion for all that they do, we'll do our best to match your needs by providing ongoing career and personal development opportunities along the way.
We've been experiencing a period of strong growth, and with growth comes opportunities such as this!
Hendrickson is a market leader in suspension technologies to the heavy automotive industry globally. Our Oceania headquarters located in Dandenong South is responsible for commercial activities within the region including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South East Asia, South Korea and South Africa.
We are in the business of customising suspension solutions to the local requirements of our Truck and Trailer customers (OEMs) throughout this culturally rich and diverse region.
Hendrickson has been operating successfully globally for more than one hundred years - in Australia for 50 years and for over 25 years in New Zealand. We’ve experienced phenomenal growth over recent years and have plans for this growth to continue.
If you believe you’re ready for the next step in your career and are excited by the opportunity to join a global, successful business then we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please forward your resume and also include a cover letter detailing your motivation for applying for this role
Auckland New Zealand
Sales Engineer - Heavy Automotive Auckland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.