HSBC Hong Kong Hong Kong
4 weeks ago
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer.
• Gather and analyze metrics from operating systems, databases as well as applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
• Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous... testing, release procedures and CI/CD pipelining
• Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
• Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
• Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service-level objectives
• Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
• Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
• Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
• Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating for continual improvement
• Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large-scale distributed software applications Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related discipline
• Experience with distributed storage technologies such as NFS, HDFS, Ceph, and Amazon S3, as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
• Experience with logging, monitoring, analytics, alerting tools such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios, etc
• Experience or certifications on public cloud platforms including any of AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
• Proactive approach to identifying problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement
• At least 10 years of demonstratable hands-on experience and success with the above You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Site Reliability Engineer - Digital Business Services Hong Kong jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.