QBE Insurance Group
QBE Insurance Group La Florida Chile
1 month ago
Time Type: Full timeWorker Type: EmployeeAt QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities, to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company's cultural elements – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. This opportunity is accountable for managing an effective Cyber and Information Security capability across QBE, partnering to deliver appropriate levels of engagement and risk mitigation. The role works to make QBE safe, secure and resilient; working to continuously out pace and outsmart cyber threat faced by our business. This intellectually challenging and highly influential role is a technical and people leader within the Group Cyber Security team accountable... for safeguarding QBE from increasingly sophisticated Cyber and information security threats. This is a highly collaborative leadership, consulting and delivery role, requiring a sustained level of curiosity and a continuous ability to grow and share deep technical knowledge that translates into insight to solve root cause problems and supports strategic business outcomes.
• Lead, motivate and develop a team of Cyber Security Leads and Consultants
•Lead a significant transformational change in the way Cyber and information security threat is considered and mitigated across the core business, 3rd party suppliers, programs and projects
•Lead building cyber and information security experience across QBE, coaching understanding, building awareness and engendering healthy curiosity
•Build strong collaborative relationships, providing advice and working together to identify and solve root cause problems; demonstrating great tenacity in reducing potential threats and risks
•Take personal accountability for seeking out and identifying security weaknesses; seeing mitigation through to a secure conclusion
•Drive Cyber engagement across QBE to ensure issues are identified, self-reported and notified to key stakeholders
•Act with integrity and transparency in threat and risk identification and problem solving
•Role model the creation, innovation and negotiation of solutions and risk mitigation strategies; driving fast paced and agile behaviours
•Drive the development, execution and assurance of an effective Cyber practice; including the adoption of relevant policy, standards, processes and templates
•Manage and quality assure staff augmentation and outsourced security arrangements; ensuring delivery to SLAs, quality controls and alignment with QBE requirements
•Drive collaboration across Technology Services and IT suppliers to avoid security problems manifesting as business problems
•Track compliance and security benefits to demonstrate impact and mitigation success Required Education
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience Required Experience
• 7 years relevant experience Preferred Competencies/Skills
• Demonstrates exceptional resilience and tenacity in managing and mitigating 24x7 cyber threats whilst successfully managing work life balance
•Problem solving mindset with tenacity to see solutions through to delivery
•Strong decision-making ability when faced with complex and business critical threats
•Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict management skills, with an ability to anticipate and pre-empt potential obstacles; strong listening skills
•Good ability to write and articulate, summarise and present complex problems and messages in a succinct and comprehensible manner
•Exceptionally curious and enquiring mindset with a fast paced and agile personal drive to meet business needs
•Demonstrable ability to lead and coach a Cyber team to develop Cyber talent to build technical excellence and decision-making confidence
•Insightful and expert ability to consider where and how people or technology could be exploited; getting into the mindset of an adversary
•Exceptional ability to get deeply technical and apply that skill to the business environment Preferred Education Specifics
• Degree in Cyber/Information Security, Information Technology, Management or Business Preferred Experience
• Strong demonstrable experience with security and risk-based standards such as ISO2700X, ISO31000, NIST800 and PCI-DSS and other relevant security risk standards and technologies.
•Experienced in helping a business, its' partners and customers to become more innovative and fast paced delivering improved business agility
•Experienced in leading in, and working across multiple in house and outsourced service models, time zones and collaborating in a multi-cultural environment Preferred Licenses/Certifications
• Certified Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC)
•Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
•Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA) or equivalent, highly regarded.
•Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or equivalent
•Other security certifications such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Preferred Knowledge
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business and technical cyber security and risk management concepts and methods, including policy concepts, risk assessment procedures, and role-based authentication and authorization methodologies and technologies. QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural elements:
-We are customer-focused
-We are technical experts
-We are inclusive
-We are fast-paced
-We are courageous
-We are accountable
-We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
• Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually) US Only - Physical Demands
• General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs. US Only - Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job Type
• Manager Global Disclaimer
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Base pay offered will vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location and business needs
Annual Salary Range: $118,000 - $178,000
AL, AR, AZ, Fresno, CA, CO (Remote), FL, GA, IA, ID, IL (Remote), IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV and WY
• * * * *
Annual Salary Range: $130,000 - $196,000
CA (Remote, Irvine and Woodland), Greenwood Village CO, CT, Chicago IL, MA, MD, NY (Remote), RI, Houston TX and WA
• * * * *
Annual Salary Range: $148,000 - $223,000
San Francisco CA, NJ and New York City NY
You are more than your work – and QBE is more than a workplace, which is why QBE provides you with the benefits, support and flexibility to help you concentrate on living your best life personally and professionally. Employees scheduled over 30 hours a week will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health.
We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution and a paid-time off program. In addition, our paid-family and care-giver leaves are available to support our employees and their families. Regular full-time and part-time employees will also be eligible for QBE's annual discretionary bonus plan based on business and individual performance.
QBE recognizes that exemplary benefits extend beyond benefits coverage and compensation. Flexibility in your working environment is important to maintaining balance and QBE is dedicated to ensuring employees achieve personal and professional integration by providing the opportunity for hybrid work arrangements.
Application Close Date: 07/05/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
0:00 / 1:26
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world
La Florida Chile
Cyber Security Manager La Florida jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.