Plumstead Manor School
Plumstead Manor School London United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Job Title: Part time Receptionist and Administration Assistant
Location: Plumstead, South East
Salary: Salary Scale 3 £14,549 (Actual gross salary)
Job Type: Permanent/Part-time (22.5 hours per week, 41weeks per year) - Actual working hours - 12.30pm to 5pm Monday to Friday
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 May at noon
Plumstead Manor is a thriving and popular secondary school located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
We have a clear vision founded on excellence and justice, with the ambition to offer a world class education to the young people and families of Greenwich. Our recipe to achieve that is based on high quality teaching and academic rigour, in a safe and happy environment. Above all, we want our young people to leave school equipped with the powerful knowledge and necessary skills to change the world for the better.
We are looking for a receptionist with administration experience who has a commitment to the education of young people to work as part of our vibrant... administration team.
Duties will include;
• ensuring that visitors and contractors do not gain access to the school unless accompanied and are recorded in the school's visitors book system
• ensuring that students do not leave the premises other than at agreed times, dealing with enquiries from parents, students, and staff and producing a range of documents and reports as requested by the Office Manager, Head of Sixth form and others
It is essential that you have a flexible and pro-active approach and the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to have excellent communication and customer care skills, experience of administration work and good IT skills.
Candidates must demonstrate that they have:
• Grade 'C' GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent appropriate typing, academic and vocational qualifications
• Experience of reception work would be an advantage.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing and are able to write appropriate reports, letters and correspondence
• Experience in dealing with the public in a 'customer service' environment to be able to maintain a positive and responsive service
• an understanding of the statutory and other requirements involved in school administration
• a minimum of three years successful experience in and administrative role
We can offer you an interesting and varied role, the opportunity to work with supportive and friendly colleagues, and opportunities for further professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; School Admin Assistant, Administrative Officer, Office Administrator, Administration Clerk, General Administration, Office Assistant, Reception Administrator, Secretary, Support Administrator may also be considered for this role
Part time Receptionist and Administration Assistant London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.