Teaching Personnel Darwen United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Post: School Administrator/ Customer Service Officer
Contract Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: £20,043 - £21,695
Hours: 37 hours, full time, Monday to Friday
Location: Darwen, BB3
Sector: Secondary school
About The Role
This role requires more administrative function, but you will also be required to carry out the responsibilities of a receptionist. We are seeking someone with admin experience and IT literate.
• Deal with telephone and personal enquiries from customers (staff, parent/carer(s), visitors and members of the public), ensuring accurate messages are clearly relayed to recipients
• Signing in visitors, ensuring that the safeguarding procedures are maintained in line with Academy policy
• Taking delivery of parcels, informing estates, ensuring they are delivered to the recipient and no parcels are visible to visitors to the Academy.
• Hospitality – providing refreshments for visitors
• Assist with school events during the school day, e.g., visits... by the school nurse, photographer, linked schools, parent/carer(s), etc.
• Undertake word processing and other ICT based tasks including the production of letters, reports, schedules, etc.
• Provide general administrative support, e.g. reprographics, photocopying, filing, emailing, and completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence.
• Maintain manual and computerised records and/or management information systems.
• Sorting and distributing the internal and external mail.
• Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other uses of school premises.
• Provide routine clerical support in relation to examination invigilation as and when required.
• Provide routine clerical support in relation to the production and distribution of specific materials, e.g. school newsletters, school prospectus, etc.
• Manage small administration projects
• Administer the schools’ electronic communication system
• Manage the schools’ room bookings
If you are interested in this role, please reply directly to this email with your up-to-date CV. If successful in short listing, Emily Billington will be in touch to discuss your application further
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
School Admin Assistant Darwen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.