NatWest Group London United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Senior Backend Engineer
Join us as a Senior Backend Engineer
• This is an opportunity for a technically minded Senior Backend Engineer to join us in Fintech Tyl by NatWest, where digital, innovation and strategy comes together
• You'll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
• Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You'll apply widely agreed engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We'll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
• Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
• Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all... environments
• Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
• Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
• Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You'll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture across the Microsoft .NET stack and associated technologies, as well as extensive experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm.
You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
• Extensive experience of test-driven development, alongside the use of automated test frameworks NUnit or XUnit, mocking Moq, and stubbing and unit testing tools such as Coverlet
• Experience of sizing and estimating with an Agile delivery mindset
• The ability to understand and support systems, artefacts, documentation, and code developed by other engineering teams
• Hands on experience of Azure deployments and pipelines such as Azure DevOps
• Experience in platform or application monitoring and tuning, such as New Relic and AppInsight
• Extensive experience of C# development using associated technologies and coding following common design patterns like Gang of Four, SOLID, and Clean Coding
• Strong experience as a self-starter with mentoring or collaborative leadership
Senior Backend Engineer London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.