UNDP South Sudan South Sudan
1 month ago
Job Identification: 10272
Locations: Juba, South Sudan
Posting Date: 04/27/2023, 07:53 PM
Apply Before: 05/11/2023, 07:53 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Practice Area: Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions
Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
Education & Work Experience: High School certificate
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our... values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Revitalized Agreement on the Resolution of Conflict in the Republic of South Sudan (R-ARCSS) brought renewed impetus towards stabilizing the fragile situation in the country. Even so, South Sudan continues to face immense political, institutional, social and economic challenges which include a) weak infrastructure for peace; b) illegal long-standing practices like cattle raiding, child and forced marriages and age set youth; c) exclusion of women, youth, minorities and other special interest groups in peacebuilding initiatives, development and governance; d) proliferation and misuse of firearms; and e) climate change induced and resource-based conflicts. Left unattended, these factors have the potential to reverse peacebuilding gains, increase fragility; impede healing, trust and confidence building and reconciliation and undermine implementation of key R-ARCSS milestones like security sector reforms, demobilization and disarmament processes and gender equality provisions.
• Working in existing and new conflict clusters, Peace and Community Cohesion Phase II Project (PaCC II) support the central and subnational governments and authorities to; a) establish and enhance the capacity of peace infrastructures to manage conflicts peacefully; b) deepen social, cultural and economic cohesion among communities to foster healing, reconciliation and peaceful coexistence; c) empower citizens, with added emphasis on women, youth and other marginalized groups for voice, agency and participation in governance and peacebuilding initiatives and demand accountability; d) implement legal, policy and civilian frameworks on small arms and light weapons; and e) promote conflict sensitive access, use and control of natural resources by pastoral and farming communities in targeted conflict clusters.
• The program works in seven conflict clusters across the 10 states and administrative areas of South Sudan.
• The program has offices presence in Kwajok, Aweil, Torit, Rumbek, Malakal, Bor, Bentiu and Juba. It also works through a network of over 30 civil society organizations as well as seven Government counterparts.
• The program therefore requires the services of a travel and logistics associate to support the field offices, conferences workshop and meetings
Duties and Responsibilities
Support travel arrangements for program field staff, consultants, and workshop participants.
• Prepare and send travel packages (including logistics note, invitation and authorization letters) for training and workshop participants including local and national consultants.
• Follow-up of Travel Claim (F-10s) submission of participants travel.
Ensure full compliance of UN/UNDP rules and regulations, policies, and strategies on travel management
• Adhere to UNDP travel rules and procedures on issuing tickets to staff members according to the new Travel and Expense (T&E) Module
• Check the Travel requests against the Travel rules and regulations and process the Travel Requests, Expense Requests (ER), in accordance with the justified entitlements.
• Checks the F10 Claims and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculations for accuracy against the applicable DSA for concerned locations,
• Provide travelling staff with travel related information, entitlements and travel literary.
• Coordination of, and assistance with, travel arrangements and process travel and expenditure claims for especially field office staff.
Ensures Timely Payment of the Travel Entitlements to PaCC Staff and Consultants
• Issue the TR prior to the travel and issue the ER upon completion of travel and submission of the supporting document. Timely follow up with travelers for providing the supporting documents.
• Issue Advance payment request to Finance for Official Business Travel for consultants
• Follow up with Finance Unit if there are delays in the payment of entitlement. Support the Finance staff in trouble-shooting the T&E Module technical glitch to the extent possible.
• Carry out periodic review of the pending travel entitlements and process them for payment.
Organization of PaCC meetings, workshop, conference, and Events
• Support the organization of PaCC meetings and Events and workshops
• Conduct procurement processes for events as required.
• Prepare and maintain list of participants to events
• Share event materials and documentation with event participants
• Coordinate event services with relevant providers
• Ensure proper technical set-up is in place for virtual/hybrid events
Organization of initial stages of procurement processes in line with procurement guidelines and in consultation with procurement focal points.
• Supporting organization of workshops, conferences, retreats, and provide logistical support at events and meetings, if necessary.
• Ensure timely payment for vendors including follow up on offsite payments.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
Knowledge building and sharing and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Project management and Administrative Support for PaCC
• Provide support to administrative tasks as required
• Support the recruitment of personnel and procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with the applicable UNDP rules & regulations
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with UNDP-specific rules, regulations, and processes in managing travel arrangements, procurement, etc.; as well as donor requirements and audit recommendations.
Core : Full list of UNDP Core Competencies can be found here
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Thematic Area Name Definition
Administration & Operations ERP travel and expense module Knowledge of the ERP Travel and Expense Module, ability to provide help desk support to UNDP and other UN agencies.
Administration & Operations Travel policy and procedures Knowledge of travel policy and procedures, ability to interpret travel policy, the staff rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel-related matters.
Administration & Operations UN travel documents Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and processed related to UN travel documents.
Business Management Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Business Management Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
• Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
• Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
Business Direction & Strategy Effective Decision Making Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
Required Skills and Experience
• Secondary education with at least 6 years of experience in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance
• A bachelor’s degree in administration, Hospitality, Tourism Management, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration.
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with Secondary education (or 2 years with bachelor’s degree) in travel services, organization of events, administrative services or finance.
• Administration and travel systems and applications experience.
• Experience in organizing high level international events is an asset
• Experience in procurement is an advantage
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Proficiency in other UN languages is an asset.
• Experience with UNDP policies, procedures and practices particularly in relation to project management
• Working experience in an international organization is an advantage
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
Jobs in South Sudan South Sudan
Project Associate South Sudan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.