Vertical Staffing Resources
Vertical Staffing Resources Hamilton Canada
4 weeks ago
Senior Architectural Technologist (Permanent)
About Our Client
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Architectural Technologist. This is a permanent full-time position. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, innovative professional interested in fostering strong and healthy relationships in local markets and contributing their design and technical talents to our collaborative team. The position involves working closely with the team along with associated external engineers and other specialty disciplines. The individual will provide direction and support through all project phases. This opportunity is ideal for a highly organized individual who works well in a collaborative way but is comfortable with a high degree of autonomy, is detail oriented, and can assume increasing responsibility for projects.
What You Will Be Doing, as a Senior Architectural Technologist:
• Coordinate and work in a team to produce full project documentation for innovative... multi-disciplinary projects, including BIM technical drawing sets, 3-D virtual models of architectural designs, and preparing project documentation for design options.
• Coordinate architectural production with external engineers and specialty consultants; perform multidisciplinary coordination reviews of drawings and specifications.
• Prepare documents for site plan approval / building permit applications & other technical submissions required by project jurisdictions.
• Understand and be responsible for project requirements, deliverables, and milestone dates.
• Prepare contract documentation including specifications.
• Contribute to the construction procurement (tendering) process in coordination with client representatives.
• Conduct contract administration and site reviews during construction for compliance with drawings and specifications.
• Review shop drawings, samples, and mock-ups during construction for conformance to contract documents.
• Assist senior architectural staff to prepare CAD & BIM standards for office drawing production.
• Assist senior architectural staff to update office specifications with current standards references and products.
• Mentor junior architectural & technical staff.
What You Should Have, as a Senior Architectural Technologist:
• Professional Degree or Diploma in Architecture or Architectural Technology from an accredited College, University, or equivalent.
• Licensed Technologist with the OAA or OAAAS
• Minimum 5 years Canadian licensed experience in architectural design and production.
• Strong knowledge of building systems and architectural detailing, high level of familiarity with building envelope types and strategies is mandatory.
• High level of proficiency required in:
• MS Office
• Desired proficiencies and qualifications:
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Enscape)
• BQE core
• Google Workspace
• Licensed as an Ontario Architectural Technologist
• Passive House certification
• Other sustainable building designations (i.e. LEED, Well, Living Building Challenge)
• Ability to prioritize complex tasks and meet associated deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of sustainable building strategies, universal design principles, and how to apply project regulations such as building codes, zoning, and bylaws.
• Strong technical and collaborative skills.
• Effective verbal / written / graphic communication and interpersonal skills.
In Return, You Will Receive:
• $60,000- $80,000 based on experience
• 4-day / 32-hour full time work week
• 2 weeks paid vacation (and an additional paid week + between Christmas & New Year’s Day)
• Remote / hybrid work model
• Benefits & cell phone plan on successful transition to permanent employment after completing 3-month probationary period
The Shift You Will Be Working is:
• Monday – Thursday
Where You Will Be Working, as a Senior Architectural Technologist:
• King St E and Kenilworth Ave S (Hamilton)
• Hybrid- Remote
• Bus accessible
We are excited to see you are interested in working with Vertical Staffing Resources Inc. As one of the fastest growing staffing agencies in Canada, we have something for everyone. One of the many great things about applying with us is that you can complete one application and be considered for 100’s of different roles! Please note that once you complete an application, you are officially one of us – a Vertical employee! This means you will need to have your documents ready such as SIN, ID, Permit (if applicable) & Forklift Licenses to be an active Vertical employee.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
• Extended health care
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
• Canadian Architecture Design and Production: 5 years (required)
• ACTIVE Licensed Technologist with the OAA, OAAAS or OACETT, (required)
Work Location: In person
Licensed Architectural Technologist - Hybrid Hamilton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.