MassMutual Boston MA United States
1 month ago
We are seeking a Product Research Analyst to support our product development efforts for MassMutual Investments, which is a diversified multi-manager investment platform focused on the retirement and wealth management channels. We leverage an open architecture framework to develop innovative solutions to solve the most pressing investment needs faced by our clients...
MassMutual Investments manages over $65 billion across 100+ portfolios, spanning equities, fixed income, and multi-asset solutions. We have developed partnerships with some of the world’s leading asset managers who sub-advise our investment strategies. We are rapidly expanding our solutions in the wealth and investment-only retirement channels, and we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help drive our dynamic and collaborative effort.
The Product Research Analyst will work closely with the Head of Product Intelligence & Innovation to generate research and analysis on new investment ideas and their commercial viability, as well as support the efforts of the Manager Research team on the investment thesis.
• Researching and analyzing the merits and risks of new investment products, changes to existing products, commercial viability, and competitive landscape.
• Preparing product approval memos/presentations for use by the Product Committee, comprised of senior management.
• Conducting due diligence for existing and prospective investment products, investment vehicles, and new markets.
• Composing and disseminating due diligence and competitive analysis updates for key products and asset classes.
• Job scope includes performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence on potential new ideas, preparing detailed product approval memos and recommendations, conducting meetings and conversations with other areas of MassMutual Investments to determine the investment merits and commercial risk profile of a fund and/or asset class that currently comprises a large amount of client assets. The job scope also includes making product recommendations and presentations when appropriate.
• Analyst will play a role in decisions to relating to the presentation of a fund launch or change.As part of the process, the Analyst will conduct quantitative and qualitative assessment of a fund and its corresponding asset class, and determine based on the merits of the research whether or not a fund should be considered for presentation to the Investment Committee.
• Review asset class/industry trends and author topical research reports highlighting potential sources of return and sources of risk.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Minimum Qualifications
• At least 3+ years financial services industry experience
• At least 1+ year of demonstrated experience with investments
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Project management experience
The Ideal Qualifications
• 3+ years investment industry experience, specifically within the asset management, wealth management or research space
• At least 2+ years of demonstrated experience with investments
• Experience with eVestment and Morningstar
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Intellectual curiosity and a solutions-oriented mindset
• Ability to work collaboratively and across functions
• Comfort with a fast-paced, changing environment
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• CFA or progress towards CFA preferred
Position Location - Boston, MA or Springfield, MA (Hybrid)
• The ideal candidate will work from our Boston office 2-3 days per week
• Candidates may also work from our Springfield, MA office, but will be required to travel to Boston as needed
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
• Regular meetings with the broader MassMutual Investments teams
• Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
• Access to mentorship opportunities
• Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran, and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
• Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
• Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Offers of employment are contingent on the completion of satisfactory references, background investigation, and (if applicable) any federal securities law requirements/FINRA regulations (including fingerprinting) and/or passing of a drug screening.
At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair, equitable pay by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component. For more information about our extensive benefits offerings please check out our Total Rewards at a Glance.
Boston MA USA
Jobs in Boston MA United States
Product Research Analyst Boston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.