HAI Group Cheshire CT United States
3 weeks ago
The Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC), a non-profit that conducts independent research to support the efforts of the public and affordable housing industry and its stakeholders, and HAI Group®, a property-casualty insurance company serving the affordable housing industry, is looking for a research analyst who is ready to take the next step in their career. As research... analyst at HAI Group and PAHRC, you’ll be rewarded with interesting challenges, competitive incentives/benefits, and a people-focused company culture. Are you ready to become an analyst on our talented and welcoming PAHRC team? Learn more about the position and company below and submit your resume today
• Execute: The Research Analyst reports to the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence, in the performance of research analysis and data collection and management projects that support the legislative/regulatory objectives of PAHRC and the housing industry groups (presently CLPHA, PHADA, NAHRO, and the MTW Collaborative).
• Collaborate: The incumbent will work closely with the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence with supervision focused most heavily upon results obtained. Interaction with coalition partners will be significant and continuous.
Skills and Requirements
• Conducts assigned quantitative and qualitative research and data analyses from basic reporting to more advanced statistical analyses from both the Chief Communications Officer and Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence
• Provides research consulting to HAI Group colleagues and coalition partners
• Engages in data management activities including data cleaning, compilation, merging, aggregation, and collection; Helps to build data holdings and provide data to constituents in relevant formats; Maintains working relationships with agencies whose databases and reports we wish to use as sources of data
• Engages in primary data collection as called for by research projects
• Conducts literature searches and reviews/compiles relevant literature
• Conducts policy research to provide context for research questions
• Contributes to significant research projects as directed by the Chief Communications Officer and Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence
• Support and act as a backup to the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence in the oversight of data tools and maps, including all annual updates.
• Tests data tools to ensure everything operates efficiently without error
• Provides data management support and training to data tool users, writes data documentation, and communicates procedures. Monitors user access, processes data subscriptions, and promotes data subscription sales
• Collaborates with the housing industry groups and other industry partners on joint research projects. Maintains communication with coalition and provides periodic status reports on progress of projects.
• Identifies individuals, corporations, and foundations that are interested in gift giving and conveys PAHRC’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors
• Synthesize data from multiple sources to create in-depth blog posts, reports and other written content that communicates information
• Supports the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence in leading training sessions, webinars, and conference presentations
• Supports the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence in planning research projects and identifying data needs
• Supports the Manager, Research and Industry Intelligence in identifying and implementing appropriate methodology and research design for planned projects
• Carries out a continuous personal development plan that meets or exceeds HAI Group’s expectation for continuous learning
• Behaviorally reflects HAI Group values embodied in: Service, Trust, Accountability, Respect, and Sustainability
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in economics, sociology, political science, public policy, or a related field
• At least three years of experience conducting applied statistical research, working with large data sets, and collecting original data
• Applied understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodology and advanced statistics
• Working knowledge of statistical software such as STATA and Microsoft Excel
• Intuitive understanding of issues related to working with data
• Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Understanding of affordable rental housing policy
• Understanding of the policy process and the role of data in policymaking
• Demonstrated ability to work with GIS data and ESRI suite of software products, including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online
Public and Affordable Housing Research Center (PAHRC) conducts independent research to support the efforts of the public and affordable housing industry and its stakeholders. By compiling data relevant to affordable housing issues from a wide variety of primary and secondary sources and engaging in collaborative research with a number of industry group partners, PAHRC informs the current knowledge about important public and affordable housing questions. In service to the housing industry, PAHRC makes these data and research available to affordable housing industry members as well as the general public.
HAI Group is the nation’s leading property-casualty insurance company founded by and dedicated to affordable housing organizations. While we are recognized as a pioneer of affordable housing insurance programs, insurance is not our only strength. We protect, preserve, and promote the sustainability of affordable housing with an array of products and services that support the challenges housing organizations face. Besides insurance, we offer risk management services, online training, and consulting services used by more than 1,500 housing organizations nationwide. Headquartered in Cheshire, Connecticut, HAI Group® was recognized as a Top Workplace in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
HAI Group contributes to a culture that creates a safe and healthy working environment and a space of inclusiveness and belonging for all by: exceeding our customers’ expectations, working collaboratively across the organization, embracing diversity, and demonstrating mutual respect and empathy.
HAI Group Benefits and Perks
• Bonus program eligibility
• Annual merit program
• Outstanding 401(k) program and non-elective contribution
• Flexible work schedules
• Generous paid time off, paid volunteer days and paid holidays
• Medical, vision and dental Insurance
• Company paid life, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
• HSA, FSA and dependent care options
• On-Site wellness: Full gym and locker rooms, wellness initiatives, outdoor basketball and tennis court, picnic pavilion area
• Tuition reimbursement and loan repayment
• Professional development
• Community outreach
HAI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any HAI Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the HAI Group Recruiting team for this position will become the property of HAI Group and no agency fees will be paid.
 HAI Group® is a marketing name used to refer to insurers, a producer, and related service providers affiliated through a common mission, management, and governance. Property-casualty insurance and related services are written or provided by Housing Authority Risk Retention Group, Inc.; Housing Authority Property Insurance, A Mutual Company; Housing Enterprise Insurance Company, Inc.; Housing Specialty Insurance Company, Inc.; Innovative Housing Insurance Company Inc.; Housing Investment Group, Inc.; and Housing Insurance Services, Inc. (DBA Housing Insurance Agency Services, Inc. in NY and MI).
Cheshire CT USA
Jobs in Cheshire CT United States
Research Analyst Cheshire jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.