Mba Michael Bailey Associates Pte. Ltd.
Mba Michael Bailey Associates Pte. Ltd. Singapore Singapore
1 month ago
Our client is a contractor in the upstream Oil & Gas industry and they have a few job openings for the Senior Piping Materials Engineer position
To independently handle the piping activities, prepare, manage and produce the critical engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short term assignment to Construction, Commissioning and Offshore) effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and within budget, and deal independently with and resolve all the issues of the project.
• Works independently to perform the assigned task and develops solution to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issue or data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references with minimal or no supervision or guidance.
• Understands technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory... requirements, Classification society requirements and applicable codes and standard industry practices to carry out the piping activities and prepare piping deliverables for assigned project.
• Carries out the pipe wall thickness calculations using applicable design code.
• Prepares the piping material specification, valve specification, piping design specification, criteria for pipe supporting and pipe support specification by using and modifying suitably the company corporate specifications to match the project specific requirements.
• Prepares piping stress analysis specification by using the company corporate specifications and modifying suitably to meet the project specific requirements.
• Prepares piping standard detail drawing by using the company corporate piping standard detail drawings and modifying where required to meet the project requirement.
• Prepares piping fabrication specification, piping insulation specification, flange management specification (bolt torqueing and tensioning) by using the company corporate specifications and modifying these to meet the project requirement.
• Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts and pipe support materials.
• Provides piping weight inputs for weight control report.
• Prepares data sheets for process critical and non-critical piping specialty items obtaining the process parameters required for design and manufacturing of process critical items.
• Prepares requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), valve remote control system (marine) and performs a technical evaluation of bids received from various suppliers to ensure shortlisted vendors meet technical requirements as per project specifications, and provides an assessment on technically acceptable bids for Buyer to follow up tender evaluation further to conclude and award the purchaser order.
• Conducts kick-off meetings with successful suppliers to ensure clear understanding on scope supply, technical requirements, documentation and delivery conditions to enable supplier to execute the work strictly as per purchase order, reviews supplier drawings / documents and shares the relevant data with engineering contractor to get it incorporated in piping layout design.
• Works closely with suppliers / contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, visits supplier's manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
• Prepares equipment layout, piping routine layout, skid package interfaces and tie-ins for topsides, reviews piping isometrics and participates in 3D Model reviews.
• As part of hull marine activities, provides inputs for Conversion and repair specification, prepares rip out plans, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor to perform the work accordingly.
• Carries out the piping stress analysis of all critical lines using the project specific data and environment conditions at fabrication yard, during transport and at operating location of facility, to satisfy the project and applicable code requirements.
• Prepares data sheets and details for spring supports taking inputs from stress analysis report.
• Carries out surge analysis for cargo offloading system, sea water lift pump system and fire water system, and reviews the contractor prepared documents and piping arrangement layout drawings.
• Co-ordinates with engineering contractor to implement flexibility analysis findings in selection of piping support regarding support type, loads on restraints and special support requirements.
• Reviews the isometric of all critical lines to verify the support locations, support type are in line with flexibility analysis report and are adequate to withstand the expected loading conditions.
• Provides technical support and advice to construction yard and commissioning work at site. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
• When assigned to construction site, checks and verifies the piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details ensuring support functionality in operating condition and provide resolutions to piping material queries originated from construction site.
• Supports the Lead Piping Engineer and informed the latter of lessons learned pertaining to his/her functional areas to get these recorded during the course of execution of project for further processing through MIMS.
• Shares the knowledge and experience with team members and guides the engineers in carrying out the assigned task in right and efficiently.
• Addresses all piping related technical and engineering matters and specifications related to the assigned project independently or in consultation with lead piping engineer.
• Reports to Piping Section Head. On any matters relating to the assigned project, reports to Lead Piping Engineer of the assigned Project.
• Closely interacts with and assists Lead Piping Engineer in co-coordinating with other disciplines, engineering contractor, Construction and Commissioning team.
• Closely interact with suppliers while execution of purchase orders of piping items.
• Independently handles the technical/engineering matters and provide solution to issues without affecting the quality of work and not impacting the project schedule.
• Works within available resources and constraints meeting the stringent timelines while maintaining compliance to project specifications and requirements.
• Satisfying the requirements of internal stake holders such as Construction, Quality and HSE, as and when arises.
• Has to be disciplined in planning and managing the time to meet the schedule while carrying out the assigned work.
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Engineering. Alternatively Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience
• Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector, preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities for graduates or minimum 12 years of relevant working experience for diploma holders. For Masters degree holder, minimum of 6 years relevant working experience. Comprehensive Knowledge of functionality of FPSO
• MS office, AutoCAD, E3D, CAESAR-II
Please send an updated resume to [HIDDEN TEXT] or apply directly if you want to apply for this position
We will contact you if you are shortlisted for this position
EA Reg No : 16S8115
Licence Number : R1545971
Senior Engineer Piping Materials Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.