Worley Singapore Singapore
3 weeks ago
Graduate Materials & Corrosion Engineer - SIN00J1
Primary Location: Singapore
Employment Type: Employee
Job Level: Graduate
Job Posting: May 2, 2023
Unposting Date: Jun 1, 2023
Reporting Manager Title: Operations Director
More than 50,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Primary Job Role:
The primary role of this position is to assist in the production of... all engineering work within the discipline engineering team for assigned projects. The role shall also support Senior Engineer in ensuring the technical adequacy and quality of engineering work produced by the discipline engineers at subordinate levels and proper coordination and communication with other disciplines for completion of all assigned work within schedule and budget of the Project.
• Assist in preparing design premises and/or Basic of Design (BOD) for projects from engineering materials perspective.
• Assist in performance of engineering activities and prepare deliverables in compliance with Worley Management System in engineering delivery, supported by Senior Engineer.
• Assist in performance of engineering activities and prepare deliverables in compliance with engineering standards, Customer specifications and requirements, references and legislative requirements
• Assist in performance of engineering and prepare deliverables in strict compliance with Technical Integrity of the discipline's deliverables through the implementation of checking and design review activities
• Assist in performance of engineering activities and prepare deliverables as directed by Senior Engineer, including but not limited to, the following: a) Prepare technical reports, drawings, sketches, diagrams, lists, MTOs (Material Take-Off), engineering schedules, registers etc., in compliance with the BoD. b) Prepare technical specifications for steel linepipe, bends, corrosion coatings, anodes, flanges and fittings etcc) Perform engineering modelling, analyses and simulations under guidance related to corrosion assessmentd) Prepare responses or clarifications to Customer's and/or other discipline's queries/comments on technical matterse) Use of appropriate software toolsf) Collate, gather and verify engineering input datag) Identify and report project variance and scope changesh) Prepare of MR's (Material Requisitions) for the Projecti) Review, approval of vendor fabrication, welding, repair and NDE proceduresj) Evaluate new products related to Materials, Coatings and Corrosion Controlk) Participate in Root Cause Analysis and Corrosion Failure Investigationsl) Perform QA/QC Audit on vendor activities related to Coating, Welding and Inspectionm) Perform review, selection of pipe mills & coating yards
• Seek understanding of the hazards and risks associated with the asset lifecycle of the designed facilities and discuss the way forward to address them with Senior Engineer
• Assist in the list of deliverables for the scope of the discipline engineering team for the Project
• Assist the implementation of Quality Assurance system requirements to ensure engineering delivery quality and consistency
• Assist the implementation of HSE system requirements and safe working practices
• Acquire knowledge from various sources to address complex technical issues as required.
• Bachelor Degree in Corrosion Engineering, Materials Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, or higher academic achievements in the relevant field.
• Basic knowledge of the oil & gas industry with an keen interest in building a career in the industry
• Knowledge in fundamentals of materials (metals, alloys and polymers), their structure and properties, methods of manufacture, degradation and failure mechanisms and end-users
• Overview of environmental conditions (offshore and onshore, upstream and downstream) which materials typically encounter and mitigation methods to minimise degradation
• Basic familiarity with industrial practices and international codes and standards, including DNV, ASME, API, ISO, etc., and their applications in materials and corrosion engineering and welding technologies
• Good understanding and experience in the use and applicability, including the limitations, of engineering software and tools for engineering design
• Focus and driven in ensuring compliance with the requirements of Quality Assurance system during engineering delivery
• Focus and driven in ensuring compliance with the requirements of HSE system and understand the importance of safe working practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with others as part of the team
• Ability and willingness to learn by self-study
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, with some experience in preparation of engineering reports
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley
Graduate Materials & Corrosion Engineer Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.