Northern Health Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
Reference Number: 37298: Associate Nurse Unit Manager - Ward 21 - Stroke Neurology
Employment Type: On Going Part Time (PT)
Location: Northern Health (All Campuses)
About Northern Health
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be!
We are seeking applications from highly motivated ANUMsto join the Ward 21 - Stroke / Neurology nursing team at Northern Health.
Part time 0.8 EFT (64 hours per fortnight)
Ward 21 is located in Northern Health’s newly built tower and is a 32 bed ward that provides care to the... Stroke, Neurology & Acute Medical cohort of patients. It also has advance care capabilities with HDU, EEG monitoring & Telemetry beds. We are dedicated to providing advanced ward-based, safe, effective, high quality and evidenced-based care to patients of the Northern suburbs. Training and education will be provided to upskill successful candidates in areas of stroke and neurology management.
You will work closely with the team to provide excellent holistic patient care, facilitate access and flow, and participate in quality initiatives whilst working in a supportive team environment. Ward 21 also place a strong emphasis on education and growing every individual’s potential. This is a perfect opportunity for a nurse to step up into a specialty area and build your clinical skillset in a supported environment.
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Have
• Experience and good working knowledge of acute nursing
• Proven ability to provide high quality patient care
• Developed assessment, clinical reasoning, problem solving and prioritization skills
• Highly motivated learner
• High level of reliability and professional conduct
• Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary health care team
• Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
• Ability to adapt to changing environment
• Highly developed customer and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work all shifts on a flexible rotating roster
• Values consistent with those of Northern Health – Safe, Kind & Together
• Experience and good working knowledge of Stroke & Neurology
• Eperience in a leadership & manaement
• Experience with telemetry or HDU preferred
• Post graduate qualifications relating to Stroke/Neurology or equivalent qualifications
• Commitment to a rotating roster - AM/PM/ND
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
For further details, please refer to the Nadine Stowell, Nurse Unit Manager Ward 21 on 8468 8371.
Applications close 21 May 2023
Why work at the Northern Health?
We offer a range of benefits to support and reward staff both personally and professionally, which includes:
• Health and Wellbeing programs, including our ‘Thrive’ program
• Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support
• An inclusive and culturally safe space
• State of the art facilities and campus partnerships
• A commitment to ongoing professional development through our ‘Learning Labs’
• Access to salary packaging, EAP and our online library
F or a glimpse of life at NH, click
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
All employees of Northern Health must comply with the health service’s Staff Health / Workforce Immunisation procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Departmental directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated for various diseases such as, but not limited to influenza and Covid-19
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Associate Nurse Unit Manager - Ward 21 - Stroke Neurology Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.