NSW Health Caringbah NSW Australia
3 weeks ago
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Unit Manager Level 2
Remuneration: $123,104.9 - $125,557.29 per annum plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ392941
An exciting opportunity to join South Eastern Sydney Local Health District!
The Sutherland Hospital is now recruiting to Killara, Aged Care Unit.
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is 'exceptional care, healthier lives'. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
Come and join the team at Sutherland Hospital – who were awarded the 2022 Most Outstanding Metropolitan Hospital in Australia Award at the National Awards Night for the health sector, run by the Australian Patients Association.
These awards, which are nominated by patients and their families throughout Australia, acknowledged the staff at Sutherland Hospital for their stellar... performance over the past year.
Where You'll Be Working
Killara Acute is a 33 bed acute Aged Care ward which comprises of 27 acute ward beds and a 6 bed secure unit (Killara Extension) which is used for patients who exhibit behaviours of concern usually associated with BPSD. The ward and unit are supported by a Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse Consultant and a Clinical Nurse Educator.
What You'll Be Doing
The vision for nursing and midwifery at The Sutherland Hospital is to: Build a united team that provides compassionate care to our community through transformational, supportive and holistic nursing and midwifery.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients, and employees.
The Nursing Unit Manager is the registered nurse in charge of a ward/unit or group of wards/units or a service within SESLHD.
The purpose of the Nursing Unit Manager Killara Acute- Aged Care:
• lead, direct and co-ordinate patient or client care
• ensure the practice of nursing and/or is safe and efficient, maintaining standards of care through continual quality improvement initiatives.
• lead and co-ordinate the nursing and multi-disciplinary care team at the ward or unit level, and
• monitor and manage the business and management functions and processes of the ward or unit
As the leader of the unit, the NUM will demonstrate her/his capability through attitude, skills, behaviour, and attributes, namely:
• broad nursing experience and knowledge
• understanding and acceptance that patients are the central focus of service delivery
• professional integrity
• ethical conduct
• enabling others
• cultivation of collaborative relationships and effective teamwork
• commitment to advancing the profession of nursing and care provision
Our Hospital And Community
The Sutherland Hospital is a 375-bed, major metropolitan hospital and an associated teaching hospital of the University of NSW, which is part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District and is located in Caringbah, a southern suburb of Sydney. Established in 1958, The Sutherland Hospital campus offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and community services to around 226,000 residents of the Sutherland Shire, colloquially known as ‘The Shire’
A $62.9 million redevelopment has delivered a new and expanded emergency department, 60 new acute inpatient beds, and storage space for theatres to improve efficiencies. Current refurbishment works to provide an expanded medical imaging service are in progress.
The hospital campus is close to some of Sydney’s great beaches, restaurants, bars and cafes at Cronulla and is close to the beautiful Royal National Park. Gymea is another lively suburb with many restaurants and cafes. At Miranda, just a short walk away from the hospital, there is a Westfield Shopping Centre and cinema complex.
You can be part of a high performing and supportive team with the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge and engage in professional development. Salary Packaging and Fitness Passport is also available to eligible staff members.
SESLHD is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our patients and their carers, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. You are required to provide proof of three doses of TGA approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates and we have an Aboriginal Employment Consultant that can provide support. If you have any questions or would like guidance on the recruitment process, please contact the SESLHD Aboriginal Employment Team via email to: [email protected]
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
• Relevant management tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience, or a combination of study and work experience with a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
• A demonstrated knowledge and experience in the management and delivery of health care services.
• Proven ability in innovative clinical service delivery, harm minimisation and practice development.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills that demonstrate the ability to engage, enable and manage teams.
• Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and articulate and achieve a vision for nursing services.
• Recent clinical experience in acute care setting.
Need more information?
• Click here for the Position Description and Garrawarra Expected Standards
• Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nicole Wedell on [email protected]
Applications Close: 18 May 2023
Caringbah NSW Australia
Jobs in Caringbah NSW Australia
Nurse Unit Manager Level 2 - Acute Aged Care - Killara Acute ... Caringbah NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.