Britam Nairobi Kenya
1 month ago
1. To provide the end to end IT supports requirements for office automation, user computing, hardware, software and applications for the business users. Responsible for developing and promulgating processes, policies and procedures for the IT Service support operations.
2. Participate in daily operations of the group service desk and support services. This position will also be responsible for after-hours support to coincide with our support schedules.
3. Proactive monitoring response times, evaluating user satisfaction levels and recommendations for improvement. Messaging and collaboration systems management and administration.
4. Participate in the various user productivity tools and office automation initiatives.
5. Stay abreast of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for usability and interoperability.
1. IT Service Desk operations.
2. IT Service Operation centre... operation.
3. Resolves support tickets and issues.
4. Communicates recurring support issues to management.
5. Communicates with customers on efforts and resolutions to tickets and issues.
6. Improves customer relations and further develops customer confidence.
7. Escalates support tickets and open issues to the appropriate team member(s) to provide the swiftest of resolutions.
8. Participates in execution of test plans for internal software applications.
9. Multi-tasks and manages one’s work schedule efficiently.
10. Participates in on-call duties that are shared among team members.
11. Measure performance of the service desk via quarterly customer feedback surveys.
Messaging and Collaboration Management:
1. Implementing, Administrating and maintaining electronic mail and groupware systems.
2. Trouble shooting and fixing system problems and service requests, and providing high-level technical support for unresolved service desk issues.
3. Formulating and documenting standard procedures for messaging system administration.
4. Identifying areas of enterprise wide system improvements and upgrades, including trending analysis and capacity planning.
5. Planning, documenting and testing appropriate messaging-related disaster recovery and/or business continuity systems.
1. Office automation support and identification of requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
2. Drive adoption of various user productivity enhancement tools.
IT Assets Inventory:
Maintain up to date and accurate information on the organization IT support assets.
1. Participation in assigned IT projects.
2. Projects delivered as per the agreed project plans.
Management of Internal customers:
1. Managing the user expectations. Periodic, planned proactive visits to internal customers with reports and requests actioning within agreed timeframes.
2. Create and continuously improve processes by which the support team operates.
3. Enhance the customer experience by fostering an environment of service excellence.
4. Work collaboratively with peers to ensure solutions meet customer requirements.
Reporting & Analysis:
1. Generate incident and problem reports.
2. Weekly performance reports.
3. Trouble Tickets status reports.
4. Escalations status Report.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
1. Degree in science/Engineering/Computer Science.
2. Microsoft Certified Professional – MCP.
3. ITIL Certification.
4. Cisco certification – CCNA – (preferred).
5. 2+ years’ experience in Applications support, Network or System administration environment.
6. Hands-on experience working messaging and collaboration systems such as Ms Exchange, Outlook, Active Directory, Google Apps, Blackberry, Android and other handheld devices.
7. Working knowledge of the following technologies: Veritas Backup Technologies, 2000/3/8 Active Directory, Windows 2000/3/8 technologies, TCP/IP, database management (SQL Server 2005/8), IIS 6/7, MS Exchange 2003/2007, DNS, Terminal Services, disaster recovery and patch management.
8. Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
9. Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
10. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
11. Extensive equipment support experience.
12. Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
13. Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
14. Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
15. Has some familiarity with Support Ticketing Systems.
16. Strong customer-service orientation.
17. Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
1. Excellent oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
2. Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors, and users.
3. Ability to listen to users in a courteous and friendly manner, acknowledge the reality of their problems, translate their descriptions into technical terms, fix the problems, and explain the solutions in terms the users can understand.
4. Excellent customer service skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately in an empathetic and understanding manner.
5. Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
6. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
6 Service Desk Analyst Nairobi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.