Cento Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
4 weeks ago
A multi-sector Consultancy with an established and growing Building Services team are looking to add a further talented and experienced Mechanical Engineer who is looking to develop their design skills and progress.
Duties will include
• Produce detailed design calculations and sketches in accordance with the project requirements
• Carrying out detailed Mechanical Building Services Design Engineering on new build and refurbishment construction projects.
• Assist senior staff in feasibility studies, concept and scheme design stages
• Attend design team meetings alongside other staff members.
• Inspect and report on mechanical building services systems.
• Undertake Mechanical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects.
• Work in conjunction with other design team members as required as part of an overall project team.
• Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
• Utilise Building... Services software for calculations.
• Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
• Select and specify products, equipment and installation standards relating to Mechanical services suitable for the costing and installation by Contractors.
• Attend project design meetings, technical meetings, value engineering workshops, and risk workshops as required by the project in conjunction with more senior staff.
The successful candidate will possess a degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and will have an understanding / experience of
• HVAC control principles
• Use of Hevacomp / IES or equivalent
• Viewing and interpreting drawings in AutoCAD.
• Building Regulations Part L compliance associated with the systems above.
• Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
Get in touch today and do not miss out on this opportunity
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Jobs in Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
Mechanical Engineer Newcastle upon Tyne jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.