HIAS Aruba Aruba
3 weeks ago
HIAS seeks an Assistant Director, Risk Management & Legal Compliance to help oversee HIAS’ risk, ethics and compliance related functions, particularly across the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region. The primary purposes of this role are to help design and implement proactive risk management and compliance functions across HIAS’ LAC country offices (COs), and to promote Enterprise Risk Management initiatives, such as training on the risk assessment and risk escalation process, support CO Risk Focal Points, and promote a risk-aware culture and minimize HIAS’ risk exposure. The Assistant Director, Risk Management & Legal Compliance will also support the compliance of HIAS’ implementing partners with local laws, HIAS’ policies and procedures, and donor guidelines, regulations and contractual commitments.
Note, this position is based at our headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland or our office in New York, New York, and we will consider a remote option for... applicants who live outside of commuting distance to either of our offices and are based in other states in which we are registered (Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin). This position can also be based in the LAC region in countries where HIAS has existing operations.
• Leads local adaptation and compliance with HIAS’ policies and assists in training for LAC CO staff on risk management and ethics and compliance issues.
• Promotes a culture of risk awareness and ethical and compliant conduct across all LAC COs.
• Works with Country Directors and CO Risk Focal Points to ensure HIAS’ policies are well understood and observed by all staff, and promotes reporting of ethics and compliance violations through the ethics hotline.
• Promotes a culture of risk awareness and risk management, and provides feedback to staff, partners and complainants to ensure support and timely follow-up.
• Ensures compliance with applicable local laws and regulations, as well as donor guidelines and regulations governing grants.
• Participates in project opening, review and closure meetings for key donor grants, and leads the compliance section of project opening meetings.
• Supports the transparent selection process of HIAS CO partners and assists in the evaluation of partner selection processes and reviews agreements with partners to ensure compliance with HIAS’ policies and procedures.
• Works with the Office of General Counsel, regional teams and CO leadership to ensure that staff and partners are aware of the HIAS’ ethics and compliance reporting mechanisms.
• Assists internal investigations on a case-by-case basis under the guidance of the Office of General Counsel.
• Develops training initiatives to implement HIAS’ Enterprise Risk Management Policy and assists COs to actively monitor the status of risk treatment measures.
• Conducts compliance reviews as appropriate, prepares reports for the SMT, designs improvement plans and ensures that recommendations are implemented as agreed.
• Follows-up with Country Directors, key staff and budget holders to prepare for and timely respond to compliance and audit requirements and recommendations.
• Assists the Director, Risk Management & Legal Compliance in determining effective and efficient solutions to operational issues to ensure compliance with HIAS’ policies and donor regulations.
• Assists HIAS HQ to roll-out and implement SOPs, policies and guidance as necessary.
• Supports HIAS’ Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) team on client responsiveness, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated, and on training.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5-7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in similar role.
• English and Spanish fluency are both required.
• Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time.
• Experience implementing and/or providing oversight for agency-wide risk management initiatives.
• Experience in providing training and capacity-building on risk and compliance initiatives.
• Previous experience working in the development/humanitarian sector.
• A commitment to HIAS’ mission, vision, values and Code of Conduct.
• Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Professional discretion, tact and integrity.
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills, and ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork in a cross-cultural context.
• Ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under pressure with attention to detail and professional patience.
• Ability to analyze complex matters and identify effective solutions.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a HIAS recruiter.
Step 3: Video interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Video interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Online reference check with SkillSurvey.
Step 6: Offer and background check with Shield Screening or ESR.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • Hachnasat Orchim
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • Tzedek
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • Chesed
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • Chevruta
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • Ometz
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • Ruach
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
HIAS is committed to the protection of children, vulnerable adults and any other person from any harm caused directly or indirectly due to their coming into contact with HIAS.We will not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or any form of child abuse or neglect by our staff or associated personnel**.** Any candidate offered a job with HIAS will be expected to sign and adhere to HIAS’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies.All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. HIAS also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. Likewise, HIAS will share this information when other organizations inquire about current and former HIAS staff as part of their recruitment process. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and application to our website: https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2458947&&&nohd#job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover (motivaiton) letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting
Assistant Director, Risk Management & Legal Compliance Aruba jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.