Computacenter Hatfield United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Senior Project Manager
Ideally located in Hatfield, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Nottingham, London, Reading
Life on the team
You will be working amongst a team of Project managers within GIS’ Tooling enablement team sharing knowledge and working together. The team is focused around CC’s Hatfield office where also GIS Service, Design and Delivery teams work. On a daily basis you will interact with multiple stakeholders owning and running the end-to-end plan delivering GIS’ capabilities to customers.
GIS Tooling enablement are often part of a larger transition of services with our customers so you may also find yourself working in a group to deliver solution excellence. GIS TE often work with GIS Solutions teams as well as out CTO group working hard to assure and assess incoming requirements and identify end to end solutions ultimately Service Managed under GIS in ‘Business as Usual’ State.
What you’ll do
Project Management and Delivery (60%)
• Takes responsibility for the... documentation and execution of major and minor projects, actively driving in all phases of the project.
• Typically manages several different projects concurrently.
• Manages interdependencies both internal and external with parties and actively updates to central project RAID logs calling out any escalations.
• Adapts standard project plan template for use with specific project and owns upkeep and sharing of accurate plans on a weekly basis.
• Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to the success of the project.
• Manages and maintains project SharePoint and document repositories such that all documentation is held securely and centrally.
• Maintain cost control
• Plans, arranges, and controls meetings, workshops and presentations, involving customers and/or suppliers.
• Manages relationship with suppliers and customers throughout the delivery stage of a project.
• Develop, build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally in order to achieve project objectives.
• Compliance with the TE project best practice lifecycle and processes
• Typically responsible for projects high level of complexity, multiple stakeholders, muti national and global reach.
• May support pre sales if required
Customer Management (10%)
• Through involvement in projects, builds rapport and understanding with a variety of senior internal and external customers.
Resource Management (30%)
• Builds effective project teams, identifies and secures appropriate resource for specific tasks in line with project plan.
• Manages cross functional project teams across IS, providing direction and leadership
• Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to
• Lead, coach and mentor less experienced team members to aid their development and increase capability.
What you’ll need
• Prince 2 practitioner qualification or equivalent
• A knowledge of information systems across several different business and technology areas.
• Minimum of 4-5 years practical experience of formal project management and delivery of a range of business systems projects.
• Possesses interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Knowledge of service management and ITIL principles
• Highly desirable would be a high-level understanding of one or more of the following - CyberArk, Remedy ITSM, IIVRs or ServiceNow
Jobs in Hatfield United Kingdom
Senior Project Manager Hatfield jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.