Bank of Industry (BoI)
Bank of Industry (BoI) Abuja Nigeria
3 weeks ago
Marketing and Communication Officer
• Click here to view Jobs by Industries
• Click here to view Jobs by States in Nigeria
• Click here to view most recent Jobs posted today
• BRAVE Women Nigeria Project focuses on developing and increasing the economic opportunities for female entrepreneurs through skills training aimed at business viability (i.e. profitability) in targeted country-specific value chains. It will enhance the bankability, entrepreneurial, and market development skills of female owned/led Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that are critical to sustainable local growth and job creation. Furthermore, it will promote pro-poor growth by targeting the value chain in the market segments and sectors where the majority of the poor earn their living, and tackle gender disparities in economic opportunities by targeting women entrepreneurs.
• All Officers will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide... technical assistance to ensure that the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project's mission, goals and operations are achieved on time, on budget and within scope.
• The Marketing and Communication Officer will be responsible for raising awareness about the BRAVE Women Nigeria project across the country among the government and the Nigerian public at large with a focus on women entrepreneurs.
• S/he will be responsible for engaging stakeholders, other communication teams in the wider BRAVE Women program internationally and the project's back-donor to implement the project's overall communication and marketing strategy.
• An important role of the Marketing and Communication Officer is to manage all digital assets (website, social media pages, newsletters, etc.) and produce various promotional materials, press releases, lessons learnt materials (case studies, success stories, etc), organize events, etc.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the development and implementation of a Communication and Marketing Strategy for the project
• Provide timely, expert advice to key internal stakeholders regarding communication, marketing, outreach and engagement activities
• Provide quality control on all reports, marketing materials, and other documents generated from the PMU
• Attend meetings with stakeholders on an ad hoc basis regarding communications, outreach, PR, and media related issues, program deliverables and reports, and project branding and marking guidelines
• Assist with planning, logistics and attend project events as requested by the Project Manager, provide technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports
• Prepare a range of time-sensitive written content, including policies documents, project plans, reports, discussion papers, newsletters, speeches, media releases, website content, publications and campaign material.
• Contribute to the production of reports and publications and the promotion and delivery of events (including conferences).
• Monitor and develop content for social media platforms, proactively engage with the sector and stakeholders through customer-focused content and newsletters that meets organizational objectives.
• Support the engagement and supervision of external consultants for all communications and marketing activities on the project.
• Develop collaborative working relationships and an effective network of both internal and external stakeholders to support and facilitate effective project management and implementation
• Assist the PMU with public outreach/awareness campaigns
• Assist the PMU in developing and managing relationships with news media and news agencies.
• Work with stakeholders to assist them in engaging in public education/public relations campaigns to raise the public awareness
• Conduct daily monitoring of national newspaper articles, social media and other periodicals for material substantively affecting the work of the project
• Organize and coordinate with local vendors to host award ceremonies, gatherings and public events
• Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
• A graduate degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Sociology, Linguistics or any other related field. A Master's degree will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Marketing, Journalism, Publishing, Communications with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies
• Knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in private sector development (specifically MSME development and financing) and/or gender-related issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups,
• Team player, with excellent organizational, training design and delivery and time management skills
• Self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable and creative
• Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including speech writing and writing for a range of publications. Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Working knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience supporting the development and implementation of communication and marketing initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience developing and disseminating content using different communication channels such as the intranet, social media, and newsletters.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including management, staff, project beneficiaries, media, designers and external parties.
• Computer skills & knowledge, in particular Microsoft Office Package – Excel, Word, Power Point. Knowledge of any other applications related to design, publishing and other aspects of communication is an advantage.
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with the Job Title as subject of the email.
Abuja, Abuja, Abuja
• Years Of Experience
• Minimum Qualification
Marketing and Communication Officer at the Bank of Industry Abuja jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.