ICON plc Limerick Ireland
4 weeks ago
Location options: Remote - Europe
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
We have an exciting new... opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join us.
If you have a strong passion for software technology, with a desire to develop your responsibilities further by mentoring and leading an engineering team within an Agile operating model this could be your perfect next role!
We believe in Agile environment, Individuals and Interactions over process and tools, responding to Change, Continuous improvements and continuous delivery.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have a key role in the design and implementation of complete features or new products within a scrum team. The team will be dedicated to the Product “Firecrest” – a digital solution created as a one stop site for our teams to learn, engage and communicate.
Learn more about the product here: https://languageservices.iconplc.com/innovation/firecrest/site-portal/
You will have the opportunity to provide guidance and mentorship to the wider team to ensure each team member understands the designs and are effectively trained in terms of the technology base and processes to be followed in the Scrum team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Building releases of software applications for testing, regression and deployment
• Reporting on the progress on modules you’ve been assigned, and making the Project Manager aware of any obstacles which may cause project slippage.
• Implementing software modules.
• Writing unit level test cases for software modules implemented.
• Testing the software modules they’ve implemented.
• Communicating with the Software Architect on issues resulting from implementing the proposed architecture and suggesting solutions.
• Writing use cases for functionalities.
• Reviewing code of other software engineers on the sprint. Responsible for code peer review, test standards and process.
• Raising the quality standards on the project, so that the constructed application is easier to maintain and extend.
• Ensuring that all classes are properly documented, so that comprehensive and useful Java Documents can be created.
• Mentoring/ Leading Software Engineers. You will play an important role in mentoring and leading our outsourced engineers – a team of 11 developers who are located in Vietnam.
• Working to understand validation requirements and creating feature documentation.
• Developing good estimates of effort required for analysis, design, and development so as to feed into overall sprint planning.
What you need:
• Solid working experience as a software developer, demonstrating skills at an advanced/ senior level
• A subject matter expert in agile methodology with product development, testing, validation and engineering skills.
• Strong knowledge of web technologies – HTML, CSS
• Strong knowledge of RESTful API
• Good knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
• Strong knowledge of SQL including stored procedures
• MangoDB would be beneficial
• A desire to develop the role into leadership responsibilities as a key aspect of this role (we envisage the role will become 70% team leadership and 30% coding)
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.