Risk Management Solutions (RMS)
Risk Management Solutions (RMS) India India
3 weeks ago
The objective of the role
• Looking for contingent staff to be a part of the model development team that develops probabilistic flood models. He/ she should have good problem-solving and communication abilities and adapt to work in a quick-paced and project-oriented environment.
• Understanding, analyzing & developing GIS & RS data for the hazard model development
Communication and interaction with colleagues.
• Graduate from a reputed institute
• 1 to 2 years of industry project experience.
• RMS model development team boasts a team of about 100 scientists, building mathematical models that predict the distributions of possible damage because of earthquakes, tropical storms, extra-tropical storms, thunderstorms, storm surges, and floods using a combination of observed data, reanalysis data, numerical and statistical models and data assimilation. RMS is the pioneer in the development and application of complex statistical and... numerical modeling methods for the quantification of natural hazard risk. RMS’s risk models are the most detailed and comprehensive models of natural catastrophes produced anywhere in the world.
About RMS, A Moody’s Analytics Company
• Risk Management Solutions, Inc. (RMS) models and solutions help insurers, financial markets, corporations, and public agencies evaluate and manage global risk throughout the world. RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, with products and models covering six continents.
• We lead an industry that we helped to pioneer—catastrophe risk modeling – and continue to innovate. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for the California Earthquake. Today, Insurers, reinsurers, trading companies, and other financial institutions trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage the risks of natural and human-made catastrophes, including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, and pandemics.
• We got acquired by Moody’s Analytics in 2021, opening fascinating new opportunities to expand our models, data, technology, and services to industries beyond Insurance to help the world better manage its risks.
• RMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law
GIS Consultant - Contract India jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.