GHD Waterloo Canada
3 weeks ago
There’s no pledge more important than the one we make to look after our environment, and we’re committed to helping you do exactly that.
Who are we looking for?
GHDs Engineering Design Organization in Ontario is looking for a detail-oriented Specification Writer, or an individual who has the experience to assemble specs across multiple engineering disciplines, to join our team in Ontario. The Specification Writer will be responsible for creating and managing project specifications for design and construction projects, ensuring accurate and comprehensive documentation is prepared and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
In an ever changing world, it requires creativity and innovation to stay ahead.
We’re seeking the curious, those who are stimulated by fresh thinking and a desire to shape our communities in new, positive ways.
As part of a truly global team, working on complex and rewarding projects, you'll be at the forefront of driving change. See what... the power of commitment can do for you.
Join us as we strive to ensure a sustainable future for our communities and the world we live in.
Become part of our global network of skilled engineers, scientists, auditors, planners and environmental specialists, all working together to leave this world better than we found it.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain project specifications for design -bid-build and design-build projects in collaboration with project managers, engineers, architects, and other stakeholders.
• Working with the commercial and PMO teams, coordinate with various departments and disciplines to collect, review, and incorporate technical information, ensuring accuracy and completeness of specifications.
• Ensure project specifications comply with industry standards, regulations, and client requirements.
• Provide guidance and support to the project team in interpreting and implementing project specifications during the design and construction phases.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry standards, codes, and regulations.
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Engineering Construction Management, or a related field from a recognized college or university.
• 10 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering practice working with engineers and architects in the delivery of design and development of specifications.
• Awareness of, or competence with, industry-standard software for specification writing, such as SpecLink, MasterSpec, or similar applications.
• Understanding of engineering and construction terminology, materials, methods, and processes.
• Familiarity with local, provincial, and federal building codes, regulations, and industry standards.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical information to various stakeholders.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Take on some of the world’s toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way.
We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you create a lasting impact.
See where your commitment could take you with GHD.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
Specification Writer Waterloo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.