Blue Ridge Power
Blue Ridge Power United States United States
3 weeks ago
Blue Ridge Power is a clean infrastructure construction company for projects across the United States. The company brings integrated engineering, a qualified professional labor force and an expansive fleet of equipment to serve the needs of clients looking for a turnkey solution for solar and solar + storage projects. Blue Ridge Power currently oversees more than 1 GW of operational assets and... has 1.3 GW under construction, with 4.8 GW in the pipeline for construction in 2022 - 24. For more information, visit blueridgepower.com.
The Commissioning Engineer II provides support to the Commissioning Superintendent to support the project commissioning activities. This position serves in a supporting role on commissioning projects for the respective commissioning discipline. Under direct supervision, this position reports functionally to the Director of Commissioning and when assigned to projects, administratively to the assigned Commissioning Superintendent on site. This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
What You'll Do
• Good Knowledge of all project plans, specifications, and drawings.
• Ability to identify and communicate problematic issues affecting Commissioning project milestones.
• Perform inspections throughout final phases of construction and prior to energization to ensure quality standards are maintained.
• Participate in the field walk-through with other commissioning team members to ensure equipment is LOTO'd prior to energization.
• Periodically review the site-specific commissioning tracker prior to the commencement of commissioning activities to ensure all pre-energization activities are covered.
• Support the commissioning team as a safety watch during the commissioning process.
• Periodically review the submittal/RFI log to ensure all required submittals are closed out.
• When required, participate in project-specific drawing reviews and engineering discussions.
• Complete daily inspections by uploading reports and photos within the Construction Management System software.
• Assist in preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
• Travel to project sites to oversee construction, advise customers, and assist, as required, with the service of product products and commissioning activities.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues, damage, and safety risks.
• Assist in training level entry-level positions.
• Assist team members as needed with any and all Commissioning tasks.
• Continuous learning and development with on-the-job and classroom training.
• Work with Commissioning Lead or Commissioning Manager to develop project lessons learned items at project completion.
• Assist in preparing quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
• Maintain technical knowledge by keeping current on applicable processes, practices, and best methods.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• 2+ years of commissioning experience in utility scale solar projects.
• Clear understanding of OSHA safe workplace practices and procedures.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment.
• Experience working with a cloud-based construction management system (i.e., Procore, Office 365).
• Knowledge of project plans, specifications, and drawings.
• Knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
• Demonstrated track record of job-site safety excellence.
• Intermediate medium voltage fundamentals, utility, overhead and pole equipment.
• Basic knowledge of construction, and electrical single-line and three-line drawings.
• Ability to read and understand manufacturing equipment standards.
• Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.
• Experience in Renewable Energy (Solar) Industry.
• Construction experience with transmissions scale.
• Subcontractor and vendor management.
• NABCEP PV Associate Certification.
• Electrical License and/or Equivalent education.
• NFPA 70e
• OSHA 30
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
• OSHA 30 Certified.
• Current and valid driver's license required.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
• Hybrid position, 3 days on-site, Asheville BRP office
• Must have the ability to travel, and work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
• This role requires flexibility in traveling to multiple states.
• Must be able to comply with all company safety standards and procedures including OSHA requirements.
• Must follow organization policies and procedures.
• Individuals in this position work in an outdoor environment and must be able to tolerate all climates.
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short to long distances for 8-10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Blue Ridge Power believes in taking care of our employees by offering benefits that support their physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, training, and development, giving back to the community, remote work options, dog-friendly offices, and much more. Blue Ridge Power is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Blue Ridge Power does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
Jobs in United States United States
Commissioning Engineer II United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.