First Light UK
First Light UK Plymouth United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
First Light is a charity supporting people in Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire and across England and Wales who have been affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence. We are independent of statutory agencies, including the Police, and every year we help thousands of adults and children in England and Wales to lead safer lives, free from violence and abuse.
Providing Play Therapy to children aged 4-11 in order to support the emotional health and wellbeing of children and their families who are experiencing emotional distress associated to sexual abuse.
• To provide Play Therapy to Children aged between 4 – 11
• Implement, understand and actively use the legal framework relating to the protection of children and vulnerable adults including the policy and procedures of the Local Children and Adult Safeguarding Boards
• Carry out initial assessment of the child with the parent/guardian and provide subsequent therapy to the child in a suitable venue (schools... children’s centre or alternative appropriate child friendly space) and therefore need to be able to provide interventions face to face
• Undertake specific administration duties related to the therapeutic service, including the use of Modus as the client management system for all electronic case and note management, client contracting, service user feedback and provide statistical caseload information for quarterly performance reports
• To engage in at least the minimum level of clinical supervision which is recommended by your professional body.
• To continually uphold the mission, vision and core values set by First Light.
• To act as a professional role model, through commitment to the integration into the practice of First Light policies and procedures.
• Clinical premises
• Accredited Post Graduate Qualification in Play Therapy from British Association of Play Therapists (BAPT) or Play Therapy UK (PTUK)
• Registered member of British Association of Play Therapists (BAPT) or Play Therapy UK (PTUK)
• Experience of working with children who suffered sexual violence.
• Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Level 3
Additional Information: Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check. Please note that you will be expected to deliver Play Therapy face to face from your own clinical premises.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 09:00 Friday 24th May 2023
Expected date for interviews: 6th June 2023
If you do not hear from us by 5th June 2023 please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time
Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete application form below. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org ring 03458 121212to request an application.
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: £75.00 per hour
• Monday to Friday
• No weekends
Work Location: In person
Jobs in Plymouth United Kingdom
Self Employed Play Therapist Plymouth jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.