Thorek/Scott and Partners
Thorek/Scott and Partners Toronto Canada
4 weeks ago
Thorek/Scott and Partners (TSP) has been connecting accomplished organizations with talented individuals for almost four decades. At TSP, our track record of successfully completing challenging searches across the professional spectrum has earned us an exceptional reputation at the forefront of the recruitment industry. Our Canadian and International clients include: global banks and non-bank financial institutions, private equity and investment funds, professional service firms, and entrepreneurial businesses in a variety of industries. We value the human connection and distinguish ourselves through an unwavering dedication to understanding the goals and motivations of our clients and candidates alike.
Follow the Thorek/Scott and Partners LinkedIn page for notifications of new opportunities!
VPC is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fiber into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishings, healthcare and medical foam markets... A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology and being close to their customers and stakeholders to deliver exceptional value and service.
VPC is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager who will plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers. The Logistics Manager will create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance. They will deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements while monitoring quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs. The Logistics Manager is a team player who works cross sectionally with multiple departments and is skilled at developing and maintaining strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
• Migrate Logistics Management from decentralized plant-based management to a centralized corporate based function.
• Ensure that the Corporate Logistics Department is the subject matter expert and clearinghouse for all transportation decisions pertaining to routing, new customers, mode selection, carrier management and performance.
• Ensure the inbound flow of containers is timely and effective to meet plants’ needs for service and company need for proper cost controls ( demurrage, detention, etc).
• Prepare, execute and manage RFP process for $20 million North American TL freight spend. Publish Corporate Routing Guide.
• Manage any current or future 3pl relationships, including freight, equipment lessors, customs brokers and others.
• Manage, control and right size corporate fleet of owned and leased tractors and trailers. Negotiate with plants for needs, and vendors for best possible price and terms. Ensure all license and registration requirements are met.
• Establish and maintain metrics for service levels, cost reductions and carrier performance.
• Ensure compliance of fleet drivers with HOS and ELD mandates.
• Ensure a highly performing efficient and cost-effective Supply Chain.
• Resolve any transportation related service issues.
• Work cross functionally with the Finance, Accounting, Purchasing, Production and Sales teams on logistics costs, reporting, new customers, new products, etc.
• Work with IT on TMS and other technology needs.
• Ensure the Company is compliant with all import laws, reporting and Customs Compliance.
• Degree in business administration, Supply Chain, or a related field
• Seven (7)- Ten (10) years’ experience managing a multi-site manufacturing and distribution operation.
Please note that at present, legal eligibility to work in Canada is a prerequisite for this role.
We appreciate your interest in this role.
In sharing your resume, you place your trust in us to treat you with integrity and respect and act in your best interests. All resumes will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Those who most closely meet our client’s requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please pass this opportunity forward. We welcome all referrals should someone in your network benefit from this opportunity
Logistics Manager Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.