Volvo Car Corporation
Volvo Car Corporation Dallas TX United States
4 weeks ago
We’re creating our own future
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to be the leader in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. What we all have in common at Volvo Cars is our passion for protecting lives, our endless curiosity, and our dedication to create a new future for the automotive... industry. Our human centric focus is what separates us from all other car companies.
The Distribution Center (DC) Manager is the leader responsible for the DC operations and creating best-class warehouse operations. The DC Manager will drive overall strategy, Volvo Cars Culture and create ambitious plans to achieve operational excellence and deliverables. This role must provide consistent and high-quality service to retailer customers.
The position reports to the Director of Parts Supply and Logistics for the US and Canada. This position will lead our new Distribution Center that will be located in North Lake, TX that is scheduled to open in late 2023. This is an excellent opportunity to establish the Distribution Center culture and processes from the ground up. This facility is expected to set the standard for Volvo warehouses in the US and Canada in terms of operational excellence.
Note that extensive travel for training will be required during the first six to nine months for training and then required only occasionally.
This position will also work closely with rest of the Parts Supply & Logistics team based in Mahwah, NJ as well other Volvo DC’s across the US and Canada.
• Direct and lead all salary and hourly staff relations within the DC, including but not limited to:
• Establish strong working relationships with the workforce
• Recruitment, training and development of all employees
• Ensure transportation partners are executing based on contracts
• Handle all employee relations matters. Provide performance feedback, counseling, training and discipline per policies
• Lead the complete DC operation and facility, including but not limited to:
• Develop and drive strategy. Execute plans to achieve warehouse operational excellence
• Track KPI’s and create improvement plans as needed
• Goods receiving, packaging, warehousing, cycle counting, and distribution of Volvo parts to facing and non-facing retailers
• Ensure all safety standards are achieved
• Compliance with all local and federal government regulations
• Manage fleet of material handling equipment
• Direct facility maintenance personnel
• Ensure that facility security standards are met
• Development of warehouse processes
• Conduct audits and confirm work instructions are followed
• Drive continuous improvement and lean initiatives
• Communicate to Volvo retailers, employees, VCUSA and VCC staff as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management (or related field) and minimum of 10+ years proven equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience and skills, preferably in a warehouse or distribution environment
• Proven experience with implementing lean practices
• Be able to lead and influence people
• Ability to drive standardization and efficiency
• Excel at problem solving
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Ability to think outside the box
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow
Dallas TX USA
Jobs in Dallas TX United States
Distribution Center Manager - Northlake, Texas Dallas jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.