NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals United States United States
4 weeks ago
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible...
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals is also home to Correctional Health Services, one of the nation’s leading correctional health care systems in quality of, and innovations and access to care. In-jail services include medical, mental health, nursing, substance use treatment, social work, dental and vision care, discharge planning, and reentry support. In addition to providing direct patient care in the jails, CHS conducts enhanced pre-arraignment screening and forensic psychiatric examinations; and leverages the resources of the Health + Hospitals system to help discharged patients successfully return to their communities. CHS is also a pivotal partner in New York City’s criminal justice reform efforts. Our workforce is comprised of more than 1,500 dedicated professionals, with locations in all five boroughs and on Rikers Island.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Deputy Director of Warehouse Operations and Logistics is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of two CHS warehouses and logistics. The Deputy Director of Warehouse Operations and Logistics will develop and implement strategies for improving key performance indicators, including staff safety, logistics management, and inventory accuracy.
• Minimum of five years of prior warehouse and logistics management.
• Demonstrated senior leadership with strategic, policy, and budget planning experience
• High degree of professionalism, courtesy, strong work ethic, integrity, regard for confidentiality and ability to work with discretion on sensitive matters
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational and follow-through to coordinate work plans, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Assists with implementing all warehouse operations initiatives, including logistics, inventory, delivery, transportation, and security.
• Develops, documents, and executes standard operating procedures across CHS’ warehouses and delivery operations
• Assists in developing and implementing productivity standards, performance metrics, and goals supporting the annual operating plan.
• Using quantifiable metrics and management expertise, performs departmental audits to determine cost benefit, demand, and service capacity.
• Ensures equipment and facility are operational while identifying opportunities for inventory improvement to reduce waste and manage repair needs.
• Suggests replacement schedule for facility systems, equipment, and vehicles.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and communicating process and safety improvements.
• Other relevant functions and duties as deemed necessary
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Health Service Administration, Public Health Business Administration, Community Health or related discipline with one year of full-time experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity in business management systems, general administration, health care and medical/patient systems administration; or,
• A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
1.A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Engineering or Social Sciences, Health Care Specialization, Physical Sciences or related discipline and four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative, managerial and/or consultative experience and background; or
2.A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in disciplines, as listed in “1” above, and five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative, managerial and consultative experience and background; or
3.A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience. However, all candidates must have a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in disciplines, as listed in “1” above.
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• Comprehensive Health Benefits for employees hired to work 20+ hrs. per week
• Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
• Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
• Paid Holidays and Vacation in accordance with employees' Collectively bargained contracts
• College tuition discounts and professional development opportunities
• Multiple employee discounts programs
Jobs in United States United States
Deputy Director of Warehouse Operations and Logistics (Aso Dir... United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.