Mott MacDonald Netherlands Netherlands
3 weeks ago
We are seeking an experienced
Technical Consultant who will add value to the existing well-established
Infra Finance team.
You will join our team of consultants who are involved in many large Dutch and Belgian infrastructure PPP projects, like the world’s largest Sea Lock in IJmuiden, the A9 Gaasperdammerweg in the Netherlands, but also on the Watty Vos Boulevard project at Aruba and the Bridges Albert Canal projects in Belgium, on social infrastructure PPP projects like the Police Office Antwerp, Belgium. And on a variety of renewable projects such as Windpark Zeewolde, Windplan Groen, sludge treatment, fiber-to-the-home.
As part of a multi-disciplinary project team, you will be working on a variety of Infrastructure Projects to meet each client’s unique needs for major infrastructure projects. In which you advise lenders, investors, developers on (technical) risks during the development, construction and maintenance of projects in perspective with the requirements of the contract... This requires analytical skills and a good understanding of a whole suite of contracts like DBFM(O), D&C, UAV-gc, Bouwteam, etc.
Projects are mainly in the Netherlands and Belgium but occasionally include projects in other European countries and globally. Frequent visits to project sites are part of the job. Collaboration, both between colleagues in the Netherlands and with our international colleagues, customers and partners, is crucial to your success. For our customers, you are their Dutch-speaking contact with knowledge of national regulations in the integral specialist network of the, often international, environment of Banks and Investors. Projects o can also include secondments at a client’s office. We have an energising international working environment.
Mott MacDonald has been successful in winning work and are now looking to supplement our team with you; a highly motivated and skilled professional with a proactive and curious mindset, and an affinity to risk management and intrinsically interested in technology of the built environment. Together we will continue to deliver value added and a positive impact for our clients.
What we need to see from you:
• You understand the complexity of medium to large infrastructure projects
• You are able to apply structure and analyse large amounts of information of various degrees of technical complexity
• A Bachelor's level in a relevant technical or engineering discipline or equivalent through working experience
• Fluent in Dutch and high proficiency in English, both written and spoken
• You bring strong analytical skills and are able to distinguish between major and minor issues
• You are result-oriented, are to relate to the client’s needs and work under tight deadlines
• You have the ability to work cross functionally
What will make your application stand out from others:
• An additional training in (Dutch/international) contract law (or equivalent) and/or working experience in a contracting department is considered an asset
• Relevant working experience within a commercial, engineering or consultancy company
• You have strong business acumen and are service-oriented
• Excellent communication skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
• The successful candidate provides key ambition as a service-oriented consultant
• Managing and building excellent customer relationships
• Undertake technical reviews of infrastructure projects and actively identify all material risks, issues and impacts on the project
• Review/monitor contractors’ progress against programme and monitor the progress relating to key project milestones
• Sound project management and committed project directorship
• The candidate contributes to further growing the team by exploring his/her professional network for creating opportunities for winning more work and to identify new colleagues
• Contribution to Business Development providing, identifying, and establishing a recognisable signature and a connected Mott MacDonald way of doing project and contract management
• Operates efficiently, both independently and in a team
• Collaboration with the local team and international experts from Mott MacDonald teams across the globe and manage country and region specific factor
• Travelling within the Netherlands, Belgium and sometimes in Europe is part of the job.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
ALL - Netherlands
Advisory, Project programme and commercial management
Europe and Central Asia
Buildings, Cities, Project management
Jobs in Netherlands Netherlands
Technical Consultant Netherlands jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.