Queensland Government Rockhampton QLD Australia
3 weeks ago
This is an important role for a team that provides legal services to vulnerable clients. We offer great salary packaging, work/life balance, while making a difference.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a legal professional to take on a position delivering high-quality domestic and family violence, child protection, family law and related legal services to vulnerable and disadvantaged Queenslanders from court, our offices and outreach locations. will be part of a specialist and multi-disciplinary services in domestic and family violence and related matters. The role involves regular travel to designated rural and regional areas.
As a lawyer, you will represent the interests of legally aided clients and prepare cases and advocate in domestic and family violence, family law and related matters. You will maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders to improve service delivery for clients and you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development and... delivery of training, policy developments and law reform issues. The work is challenging and complex but rewarding.
In This Role You Will
You will work as part of the Domestic Violence Unit, specialising in a holistic and socially inclusive service delivery model. You will work collaboratively with social and mental health support workers to increase support options for clients.
• Represent clients, including preparing matters, instructing counsel and personally appearing as an advocate in domestic and family violence, family law, child protection and related matters.
• Provide duty lawyer services and legal information and advice to clients.
• Refer clients to other services, as appropriate, to assist to meet their needs.
• Represent the specialist Domestic Violence Unit in external forums and liaise with relevant external stakeholders to maintain and develop referral networks to increase support options for clients.
• Help maintain networks with relevant external stakeholders in government, the community and the justice system, and support the development and delivery of legal training and information sessions for stakeholders and members of the public.
• Deliver outcomes through self-management and with supervision and guidance from senior legal practitioners.
• Help to prepare submissions to support Legal Aid Queensland's contributions to policy, procedure, law reform and legal service delivery initiatives.
• Participate in planning, preparation, implementation and evaluation of projects for legal and non-legal service delivery to persons that have experienced domestic and family violence.
• Actively participate in team planning and service improvement activities and comply with corporate responsibilities.If appropriate you may act as direct representative for young people and if a member of Legal Aid Queensland's Independent Childrens' Lawyer and Separate Representative panel, you may act in the child's best interest as a separate representative in child protection matters, or as an independent children's lawyer in family law matters.
Occupational group Justice & Legal
Rockhampton QLD Australia
Jobs in Rockhampton QLD Australia
Outreach Lawyer - DV Unit (First Nations Identified) Rockhampton QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.