NSW Crown Solicitor's Office
NSW Crown Solicitor's Office Sydney NSW Australia
1 month ago
• Temporary Full-time (35 hours per week) employment (12 months with a possibility of extension or ongoing)
• Based in the Sydney CBD (Martin Place) with flexible working arrangements
• Be part of a leading team of legal change-makers
Salary Classification: Legal Officer Grade VI
Salary: $148,885 - $152,021 p.a. (Package up to $170,020 p.a. including base salary, employer’s contribution to superannuation and annualised leave loading.)
About the role
As a Solicitor Advocate, you will be responsible for providing high-level representation and advice to the Crown Solicitor’s clients in a range of complex legal matters in which the Practice Group specialises. From this recruitment, we are looking to fill an immediate vacancy in the Child Protection Practice Group.
The Child Protection Practice Group specialises in child law matters in New South Wales and the Commonwealth jurisdiction. We advise New South Wales Government Departments and Agencies in relation to the following types of... matters:
• Care and Protection Proceedings in the Children’s Court of New South Wales;
• Care Appeals in the District Court of New South Wales, Supreme Court of New South Wales and Applications before the Court of Appeal;
• Parens Patriae Applications in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
• Adoption Proceedings (contested and non-contested for government and non-government agencies);
• Family Law Applications and Interventions in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia.
This recruitment will also be used to create a talent pool to fill ongoing and temporary full-time and part-time vacancies of the same role description and classification within the organisation as they arise over the next 18 months.
• Admitted as an Australian legal practitioner authorised to supervise legal practice by others;
• Highly developed advocacy and legal skills and extensive experience which enable provision of advocacy and advice in highly complex legal matters in which the Practice Group specialises.
How to apply:
For your application to be considered, you must submit your application online and include:
• An updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role
Closing date: Sunday, 7 May 2023 (AEST 7:59PM)
Recruitment enquires: Justyna Wieczorek, Talent Acquisition Partner, [email protected]
Sydney NSW Australia
Solicitor Advocate Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.