S&P Global Paris Italy
1 month ago
S&P Global Ratings - Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) – Associate - Milan or Paris
As Associate, you will assume primary analytic oversight responsibility for a portfolio of non-bank financial institutions across Europe. You will cover asset managers, distressed debt purchasers, leasing companies and investment funds. You will also have an opportunity to get exposure to banks in due course. You will have the opportunity to establish yourself as an industry expert by covering a diverse portfolio of complex credits, interacting with NBFI’s top management, and largest global investors. Finally, you will also be able to deepen your expertise in ESG and tech disruption topics that have become a key focus for NBFI credit analysis.
· Issuers: You will be the first and most important contact with the issuer handling the day-to-day analytical relationship. You will lead the meetings with companies’ top management and will... prepare the materials and present to the S&P rating committee that determines the rating outcome.
· Publications: You will publish high quality and forward-looking rating reports. In addition, you are expected to author or co-author high-quality research pieces on the sector.
· Outreach: In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager you will communicate our thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g., publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, social media etc).
· Innovation: You are expected to absorb the dynamically changing parameters of NBFI analysis (ESG, digital disruption, transformation of business models) and include forward-looking views into your research and committee presentations. You identify internal innovation and process improvements to promote an ongoing amelioration of our work environment.
· People: You are a team player promoting a positive team atmosphere as well as analytical and client service excellence.
· Demonstrable 3-5 years of expertise in corporate credit analysis. Experience in analysis of asset management, distressed debt purchasers, leasing companies or investment funds is an advantage.
· Strong understanding of corporate accounting and ability to build forecasting models. Familiarity with the bank accounting is an advantage.
· Degree level in a relevant business-related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA/FRM or financial qualification would be desirable.
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to represent S&P as primary analyst in meetings and willing to travel, sometimes at short notice
· Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills and execution mind-set.
· Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
The Team / The Business:
· As Associate you will join a highly experienced, skilled, diverse, innovative, and international team mainly based in Paris, London, Milan and Dublin.
· The team covers both bank and non-bank financial institutions. While initially your focus will be on NBFIs, you will likely expand your coverage to banks over the medium term.
· The team is part of the EMEA Sovereign and Financial Services Group, which performs surveillance on all EMEA based Sovereign, International Public Finance, Insurance, and Financial Institutions ratings.
Grade Level: Grade 11 (for internal purposes)
Location: Milan or Paris
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 280649
Posted On: 2023-04-25
Location: Milan, Agrigento, Italy
Paris France (+1 other)
S&P Global Ratings - Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) –... Paris jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.