TEAM ALLIANCE CONSTRUCTION PTE. LTD.
TEAM ALLIANCE CONSTRUCTION PTE. LTD. Singapore Singapore
3 weeks ago
This position is responsible for all supporting activities in departmental management.
Key Responsibilities that determine the performance of this role:
· Tender Management
- Review the tender specifications to ensure all measurements and quantities are accounted for to achieve realistic commercial value of each project.
- Conduct call of quotations to invite approved / preferred / new subcontractors' participation for competitive tenders.
- Review CS, architectural and M&E drawings to ensure special requirements and annotations are taken into consideration and complete in the tenders.
- Consult and align Construction team on the scope of tender submission; highlight and seek agreement on special requirements or unusual scope.
- Communicate clearly on assumptions made during bill of quantities preparation.
· Contract Management
- Prepare contract documents for sign off by respective parties and ensure accuracy and completeness; follow through on project... warranty approval.
- Re-measure complete quantities (RC, archi, civil and precinct) with full sets of drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and evaluate actual project quotations from vendors, and submit for management's approval.
- Administer the issuance of LOI, LOA, letter of undertaking and work order to ensure formalization of engagement with receipt of respective architect’s instructions.
- Administer project variation orders (VO) and submit the project final account for review.
· Project Management
- Manage project registration and ensure all parties duly sign off necessary documents.
- Manage project insurance to ensure complete risk coverage.
- Conduct and/or participate in all project meetings (i.e. handover, technical, client's meets, etc.) to communicate, update and align to achieve smooth project execution.
- Provide data to project personnel for wastage control.
· Financial and Commercial Management
- Manage the process of progressive subcontractors' payment and finalization of subcontractors' final account.
- Monitor deduction for materials bought on behalf of subcontractors/suppliers.
- Process all vendors' payments and reconcile any discrepancies in due course.
- Prepare for construction budget approval and review working budget twice a year.
· Vendor Management
- Update and maintain list of vendors.
- Conduct pre-qualification for new vendors.
- Negotiate with vendors on additional ad hoc site works.
- Evaluate the performance of each vendor upon project completion.
Core Competencies that determine the success of this role:
- Seek to understand before responding (e.g. actively listen and ask clarifying questions).
- Demonstrate appropriate communication during difficult, stressful or emotional situations.
- Actively keep supervisor and team members up-to-date on work and pending projects to ensure alignment.
- Know what the work priorities are and act on them (e.g. take ownership and accountability for results).
- Use technology to improve personal productivity and performance.
- Produce high-quality, thorough, and complete work quickly and efficiently, even under pressure.
- Organise available resources and complete tasks within stipulated time.
- Exercise judgment to make changes in work processes to improve productivity and efficiency within own area of control.
· Relationship Building
- Able to work with people of different styles and personalities.
- Exhibit tactfulness, diplomacy and respect in dealing with other team members.
- Proactively offer input and participate actively and openly with others.
- Work towards resolving differences and raise conflict issues to appropriate authority level.
- Open to feedback and give feedback constructively.
· Strategic Thinking
- Anticipate and plan for foreseeable developments in own scope of work.
- Understand the department/project plans and objectives in the business process.
- Create short term plans/tactics to perform well on the job.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Collect the right type/volume of information to analyse a problem (avoiding analysis paralysis).
- Arrive at logical conclusions based on facts, circumstances, and sound reasoning.
- Breakdown issues and identify core components in a problem within own scope of work.
- Able to adapt decisions based on new and changing information.
- Maintain high level of self-awareness and demonstrate corporate maturity.
- Motivate self and others through personal influence, enthusiasm, and positive energy.
- Take ownership for behaviour and display integrity.
- Display a passion for learning via direct feedback, training and coaching.
- Seek out opportunities to demonstrate personal leadership.
· Corporate Responsibility
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours to uphold the company's image, reputation and credentials (even during non-office hours, in both physical and online space
Quantity Surveyor Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.