General Mills Mumbai Maharashtra India
4 weeks ago
Position Title: Sr. Manager Meetings & Events Management
Recommended Job Band/Pay Grade: AM/AE -PG65
Role Reports to: Site Lead
Geographical Scope of the Role - Location: Domestic
The Sr Manager of Meetings & Events Management at GIC is a leadership role, works with corporate leaders to understand goals and objectives and then build meeting strategy and requirements. Plans and executes local, national and international meetings and events for the leadership of GIC. Negotiates all meeting-related supplier contracts with values up to $2MM+. Designs and deploys online registration sites for meeting attendees. Works with vendors, contractors and employees from other departments involved in execution of event/meeting to track and maintain a supplier database used for both internal reporting, quality assurance and leveraging GMI meeting spend with vendors in accordance with our Strategic Meetings Management policy.
The role is responsible for... formulating strategies and bringing forward external benchmarking to make General Mills India Center events cost effective, engaging and executed as per latest trends in technology and on the ground support.
This leader provides the highest-level oversight and direction for internal and external members supporting the event/meeting. In addition, the role is accountable for informing Site Leadership and Management Team of potential risks that may be incurred and providing pro-active solutions.
The role will also be responsible for adhoc projects delivery involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
Lead Meeting & Events Management - Strategy, Planning and Business Partnership
• Responsible & Accountable for preparing strategic plans for GIC towards Meetings & Events Management
• Conducts site inspections, makes recommendations and reserves appropriate corporate meeting locations.
• Works with corporate leaders to define department meeting requirements, agendas, and strategies.
• As the liaison with vendors and other support teams, communicates meeting requirements and agendas and develops onsite meeting implementation plans.
• Negotiates, reviews and approves corporate meeting contracts on behalf of internal customers - e.g. hotel, ground transportation, production, destination management, entertainment
• Provides creative, cost effective and superior solutions for meetings/events and presents to senior leadership for GIC
• Reviews and approves corporate meeting invoices.
• For larger meetings, attends and acts as onsite manager for the program
• Designs and develops online registration sites for use by meeting attendees.
• Closely work with Global Meetings & Events Management Office for the organization in establishing and executing meetings & Events framework for GIC
• Be trusted advisor for Site Leadership engaging flawlessly with multiple stakeholders, Management Team, Global leadership, Vendor partner, Contractors and Business Stakeholders
• Communicate clearly and effectively to become trusted business partner for key stakeholders.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies towards India GIC for Meetings & Events
• Directs and coordinates all activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to maintain and enhance meetings and events for the GIC
Lead Continuous Improvement and projects
• Drive and encourage the creation of continuous improvement ideas within the process network using continuous improvement and agile concepts
• Scan external environment for leading practices, emerging industry trends and digital landscape to leverage best in class processes and practices for meetings & events management in GIC
• Lead, co-ordinate and communicate with leadership and key stakeholders for special projects in meetings & events areas
People management & Development
• Responsibility of people management and development based on requirements for the role
• Continued engagement with team towards performance and delivery
Minimum Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Business, Hotel Management or related subject or a minimum of 10 years full time meeting planning experience
Required Professional Certifications: Business or Hotel Management or related
Preferred Professional Certifications: MBA, CMP preferred (Certified Meeting Professional) but not required
Minimum years of related experience required: 10+ years of full time meeting/events planning experience
5+ years working in a customer contact position dealing with executive and senior management personnel
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
Strong experience in meetings & events management areas and connection to larger impact
Thinking strategically and bringing forwards solutions to serve the strategy of the business/function
Be able to analyze and interpret information relevant for meetings & events and provide solutions with prudence on cost and quality
Be able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Brings together resources, people and technology in effective ways
• Influence decision making to successful conclusions
• Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
• Develops winning strategies
• Collaborates across boundaries
• Delivers on short-term and long-term commitments
• Delivers service excellence
• Is a strong team player
• Is willing and able to travel
• Has strong computer skills
The role will consolidate the responsibilities for all areas of meetings and events management at GIC o become trusted advisor for Site Leadership
Mumbai Maharashtra India
Jobs in Mumbai Maharashtra India
Sr Manager - Meetings & Events (GIC India) Mumbai jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.