PACT Tanzania Tanzania
4 weeks ago
Position: Senior Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager, Head Office
Contract Duration: 1-year contract (Renewable)
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Administration
The Senior Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager is directly responsible to and supervised by the Finance and Administration Director of Pact Tanzania. The Senior Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager provides high-level grants and contracts management to achieve the goals of Pact Tanzania projects, working with partner organizations and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of sub-grants and subcontracts. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and USAID, DFID, and other donor guidelines. The Senior Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager supervises all staff within the grants and contracts unit.
• Develop subcontract... and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements and Pact standard templates and work closely with Pact HQ to execute quality sub-awards.
• Administer the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
• Utilize Pact's sub-award management system (Promise) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for sub-award issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
• Oversee budget management of projects' sub-award pools working with the Senior Finance Manager. Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses.
• Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact Tanzania staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantee partners.
• Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters.
• Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects.
• Develop and/or update Pact Tanzania Country Office Sub-awards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance.
• Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
• Track and update all the special wards conditions in all sub-agreements and subcontracts.
• Work with Pact Project Director/Program Directors and senior managers to select grantees for award under various projects. This will include conducting of pre-award assessments to determine the responsibility of prospective grantees using Pact's capacity assessments.
• Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for agreement management.
• Work with Pact HQ to obtain prior approvals and waivers from donors required for the administration of specific grants.
• Ensure the approved branding and marking plan is implemented by all required stakeholders of grant/contract
Contract and Consultancy Management
• Review all the contracts (lease, Insurance, projects contracts, etc.) as required by various projects with Pact Tanzania
• Prepare consultancy contracts and provide guidance for consultancy engagements within Pact Tanzania
• Performs contract administration activities for selected contracts and assists in the monitoring of contractor's performance, approval of progress payments, verification of deliveries, and similar activities.
• Utilizes price/cost analysis techniques to support the development of cost-related sections of solicitation documents and the analysis of cost and price data, labor and material cost, etc.
• Supports the extension of periods of performance and contract closeout processes.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements: advising management on needed actions.
• Ensuring compliance with financial aspects of contract requirements including liability, property, and other insurance matters, and audit requirements
• Provide support to Pact and CSO to comply with cost share policy by ensuring the policy is adhered to, and reporting are done to Pact and to the donor.
• Supports compliance to Pact Tanzania by providing information and support required to develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures necessary to achieve strategic objectives
• Reviews, analyzes, and drafts contract language to ensure they comply to all applicable donor, Pact and host government regulations
• Work with/train CSOsto ensure they comply to all required rules set by the Pact, donors and the government.
• Responsible for communicating all compliance messages to Pact staff and CSOs.
• Ensure proper submission of taxes and process tax exemptions where required by the donor agreement.
• Advise and ensure compliance on cost charging to various projects as per the pact and donor policies.
• Ensure tax reporting to Pact from CSOs and to the donor as stipulated in the prime awards
• Ensure compliance to asset reporting to Pact HQ as well as to the donor as per the donor requirements.
• Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for staff under his/her direct supervision.
• Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and country office needs.
• Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact's intranet "Mosaic."
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree but preferred is a MA/MSc/Masters in Business Administration degree or equivalent relevant qualification
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in managing the award and administration of sub-grants funded by Global Fund, USAID, or international donors.
• Experience managing sub-award design and administration
• Experience in donor funds administration
• Understanding of local contract and procurement law
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
• Knowledge of 2 CFR 200
• Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise financial oversight of programs.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations applicable to agreements administration.
• Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
• Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management
• Proficiency in a local language
Skills and Abilities:
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Exceptional planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
• Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Effective written and oral communications skills that are essential to building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks/Serenic a big plus
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
• Tanzanian work experience is necessary; Tanzania National is preferred
Senior Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager Tanzania jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.