Terberg DTS Elland United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Location: Elland, Halifax – with travel to other sites.
Purpose of the role:
• Ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for employees and our activities.
• You'll be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to hard services to include: building and grounds maintenance and compliance, cleaning, catering and vending, health and safety, procurement and contract management, security, space management, utilities and communications infrastructure.
• Work with key departments and individuals to develop an appropriate supporting workplace wellbeing programme.
• Organise periodic inspection and proactive maintenance of all building facilities i.e. security systems, heating/cooling systems, lighting, window/gutter cleaning, gardening etc. to ensure we are operating in line with current legislation.
• Manging the weekly testing of fire alarm testing... and maintain accurate records.
• Ensure fire equipment/tools are inspected to the legal requirements.
• Ensure Facilities records are up to date and accessible for key employees.
• Liaising with key departments, Colleagues, Contractors – to ensure H&S compliance, clear audit trail of documentation is fully maintained.
• Direct, coordinate and develop procedures for shared services such as visitor protocol, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
• Organise, arrange and record thorough examinations for work equipment and passenger lift in accordance with LOLER regulations.
• Organise, arrange and record maintenance for work equipment in accordance with PUWER Regulations (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations).
• Organise, arrange and record portable appliance testing in line with legal requirements.
• Vetting of contractors - ensuring all sub-contractors are able to provide documentary evidence to support safe working, and prove adequate training and competence in accordance with existing internal template.
• Manage the contractor tender process, collate all required documents and report findings to senior management prior to allocating activities.
• Supervise and coordinate work of contractors to ensure minimal disruption to core activities and employees.
• Check that agreed work by employees or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
• Consult with employees to ensure safety points are raised and addressed.
• Support the business in relation to Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery protocols.
• Work with the Procurement Team to calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money without compromising on quality.
• Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
• Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
• Respond appropriately to emergencies and other requirements or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
• To work with all departments, particularly with projects that are being explored or implemented.
• Undertake any other duties consistent with the purpose of this job or to support the needs of the business.
People Management Responsibilities:
• Set clear personal objectives that are realistic and challenging, review objectives and provide feedback regular in one to ones and formally through the appraisal process.
• Work alongside HR to manage any sensitive issues in line with policies and procedures, including attendance and performance issues.
• Coach and develop team to ensure they thrive for excellence, addressing any training and development needs, ensuring direct reports have a personal development plan.
• Motivate and reward team to encourage behaviours within department, which support the values of Terberg DTS and the wider group.
• Encourage and exhibit behaviours within the function that support the values of the business and that create an environment where mutual trust and respect are encouraged
Critical Skills Required:
• Ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on health and safety and risk management issues.
• Ability to prioritise work to ensure tasks are completed within time constraints.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to organise workload effectively for the purpose of meeting deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility /versatility combined with initiative, drive and ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of contacts.
• Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, responding to business needs.
• High attention to detail.
• The ability to present and provide updates to managers and employees.
Critical Knowledge Required:
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety and risk management.
• A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management and standards.
• Knowledge of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an organisation.
• Good working knowledge of sustainable business issues.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Facilities qualification (or working towards) such as: HND in Facilities Management, IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management) – Level 3 Certificate, IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management) - Level 6 Diploma
• Previous experience in a Facilities position
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per year
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Referral programme
• Sick pay
• Wellness programme
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Elland, HX5 9DA: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Facilities Qualification (HND, IWFM) (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 09/05/2023
Reference ID: Facilities
Facilities Manager Elland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.