Barrett Industries Hamilton OH United States
1 month ago
Subsidiary: Barrett Industries
Barrett Industries Corporation, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates primarily in Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York, was founded in 1854. Our family of companies serves everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies and includes quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt... plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, pavement preservation, and infrastructure construction. To learn more about Barrett Industries visit
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company’s value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit
Barrett Industries, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit
• Prepare and review monthly financial statements
• Prepare journal entries and assist with monthly/quarterly/annual closing process and reporting
• Review/consolidate monthly/quarterly/annual reporting from the region accounting teams
• Coordinate/prepare reporting/requests with both internal & external auditors on annual audits
• Manage cash/treasury transactions, bank reconciliations, and cash forecasting including weekly/monthly/annual cash needs
• Lease accounting, setting up new leases and maintaining monthly lease accounting
• Assist in the biannual budget process including working capital, cash forecasting, interest, and depreciation
• Prepare/coordinate miscellaneous/special reporting or analysis as needed for executive leadership team
• Prepare/coordinate annual/biannual Prequalification applications for State DOT agency ratings
• Communicate effectively with other business units and management to plan work, gather information, and present results.
• Leads or actively participates in increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities to produce relevant financial reports in the fastest, most efficient means possible.
• Perform general ledger and bank statement reconciliations
• Accurately and efficiently perform accounting activities of increasing complexity.
• Research and apply accounting policy to business issues that arise.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in accounting required
• CPA, CMA or CCIFP certification a plus, but not required
• Heavy highway road construction and manufacturing cost accounting experience a plus
• 5+ years of overall combined accounting experience
• Leadership experience and managing a staff of direct reports preferred
• Ability to set objectives, delegate tasks, evaluate performance and develop a cross-functional team
• Ability to influence others, resolve problems, and manage conflict in a positive manner
• High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate with confidence and tact
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality, and ethics
• Occasional out-of-town travel as needed
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and managing time effectively
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications
• JD Edwards or other ERP experience preferred
• Geographic mobility for future career development is highly preferred
Workplace flexibility with opportunity for hybrid remote/in office availability after spending some time getting familiar with the position.
If You Are An Individual With a Disability And Require a Reasonable Accommodation To
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the .
• to meet the requirements of the role in which you are applying
• complete any part of the application process
• access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying
Please contact Colas Inc. at 973-290-9082 or send an email to
Hamilton OH USA
Jobs in Hamilton OH United States
Senior Accountant Hamilton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.