Emory Healthcare/Emory University
Emory Healthcare/Emory University Atlanta GA Georgia
4 weeks ago
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community...
• The Clinical Trials Regulatory Specialist I is an entry-level position supporting regulatory affairs in clinical trial research.
• The primary focus of the position is to collaborate with the multiple IRBs, sponsoring companies, and site Project Managers to ensure study documents receive committee approval and are made available to the site in a timely manner.
• This position will oversee pre-submission to governing agencies, and provide foundational information for more complex regulatory work.
• Incumbents in this job classification may be primarily focused on non-interventional studies, with a relatively small trial portfolio.
• Duties include:
• Assists regulatory team (Regulatory Specialist II and III) in research efforts by facilitating the protocol approval process and maintaining documentation of regulatory compliance throughout the trial's duration for research studies involving human subjects.
• Supports processes and monitors practices to ensure regulatory documentation involving clinical trials complies with Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures and regulations.
• Responsible for study completion processes including data lock, study closeout, reporting and archiving of study files, ensuring completeness and continuity of all study data, performing ongoing checks of clinical/translational data that has been entered on the case report forms (paper or electronic) or in reports and assuring archival of appropriate/required documentation
• Develops, maintains, utilizes, and updates all internal and external protocols, data collection sheets, spreadsheets, and databases for use in gathering and compiling information specific to each research process.
• Knowledgeable of the safety reporting requirements of the study protocol, FDA and other regulatory bodies. In a timely fashion, monitors, detects and reports adverse events meeting requirements of regulatory bodies.
• Coordinates activities and gathers information from a variety of sources to achieve stated outcomes
• Completes and maintains regulatory documents for all study personnel, including curriculum vitae, license, bio-sketches, financial disclosures, Form FDA 1572, confidentiality agreements, and delegation of duties logs. Performs protocol activation and assist investigators with NCI Registration and Credential Repository (RCR) tasks (i.e. new and renewals)
• Reviews initial submissions to determine review category and action to be taken.
• Compiles and maintains eRegulatory Binders
• Completes submission applications, and other required documentation, prepares protocol specific forms for submission to various review committees, including internal scientific review boards, the IRB and sponsoring entities.
• Supports the Assistant Director, Operations Manager, and Regulatory Coordinators II/III in Program Research in the day-to-day activities of regulatory safety management for patients enrolled on research protocols.
• Completes protocol renewal applications, amendment applications and maintains record of all adverse event reports.
• Attends research team meetings to report on regulatory issues. With department administration, develops and manages study budgets, monitoring efficient invoicing and taking appropriate action to maintain clinical trial billing compliance, providing reports to investigators, department administration and funding agencies Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Knowledge of clinical research practices.
• Must complete all required training courses within one month of hiring date.
Preferred Qualifications (optional): Previous Coordinator experience.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 104805
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Medicine
Department SOM: Psych: Admin
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Position involves clinical patient contact.
Job Category Behavioral Health, Counseling & Clergy
Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta
Location : Name Executive Park 12
Atlanta GA USA
Clinical Trials Regulatory Specialist I - School of Medicine... Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.