NWI Precision Ontario Canada
1 month ago
This position is responsible for preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the Director and CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all Month-end Reporting with assistance of the accounting department, the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reports, including various month end schedules, Subledger reports, journal entries, analysis of G/L accounts, bank reconciliations and inter-co accounts.
• Preparation of financial reporting package including income statements and balance sheet.
• Create journal entries using excel spreadsheet and upload them into Syteline. Save appropriate supporting back up.
• Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation including monthly bank reconciliation, Cash, AR, Inventory, Fixed Asset, AP... Accruals etc.
• Perform Actual to Budget variance Analysis.
• Responsible for maintaining Fixed Assets Schedule and assigning all approved Capital Expenditure Reports (CERs)
• Reconciliation and Posting of Payroll and Benefit entries (Health & Dental, RRSP)
• Filing of Sales Tax return and other Government reporting
• Review and sign off of Customer Purchase orders and Contract details
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Maintain and review the costing system for jobs and products in Syteline system.
• Maintenance of Overhead and labour rates in Syteline
• Maintenance of General Ledger accounts, Unit codes, Product codes, FX rates.
• Review gross margin reports to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of costs.
• Setup new Customers and Vendors in Syteline system.
• Annual Physical Inventory count – Assist and coordinate with operations teams.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
• Provide support to the accounting team as require.
• Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
• Holds a professional accounting designation or working towards CPA
• 5+ years of general accounting experience within a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
• ERP experience in Syteline desirable
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong financial analytical skills
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other fundamental data-based applications
• Strong organizational skills
• A confident self-starter with sound problem-solving skills
• Must be thorough, accurate and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic and professional integrity
• Information management and maintaining confidentiality
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
• Company contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
• Training, development & career planning
Senior Accountant Ontario jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.