CARE Nepal Nepal
1 month ago
Work Location : Nepal - Kathmandu Type of Post :
Other Possible Location : Funding :
Expected Travel : Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : Application Deadline : 3/31/23
Employee Duration : Full-Time
CARE seeks a Finance and Administration Director for the anticipated USAID-funded integrated Nutrition Activity in Nepal. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s commitment and capacity to improve nutrition outcomes and to ensure a healthy and productive workforce in Nepal. The project will accomplish this by improving the nutrition and health standards of women and children via better maternal, newborn, and child health services and strengthened policies, systems, and programs that improve the health and nutritional status of women, adolescents, and children.
The Finance and Administration Director, in close collaboration with COP and DCOP, has primary responsibility for tasks related to budget preparation, management... and tracking; staffing and HR management; operations; and overall financial management.
The anticipated solicitation release date is (24/4/2023).
This position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and is contingent upon award and donor approval.
• This position will manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub-awards.
• Ensure execution and timely posting of financial transactions and prepare financial reports for submission to the donor.
• Develop financial forecast analysis and lead the process of analysis and interpretation of financial reports for informed decision-making.
• Coordinate closely with CoP and Country Director to lead financial and contractual aspects of the project.
• Ensure compliance with US Government and Government of Nepal laws, regulations, and policies regarding contracts and grants, procurements, and financial management.
• Provide guidance and supervision to program staff and managers/budget holders on financial management and operations
• Provide guidance on donor regulations, financial management, and operations, and build the capacity of local sub-recipients of the project for successful implementation of the project activities.
• Collaborate with CARE Nepal’s country team, Regional Office (ARMU), and CARE USA (headquarter-based) staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and program framework, and regulations.
• Support performance management of direct reports, including ongoing performance feedback, learning, as well as staffing and management of human resources.
• A Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a relevant field
• A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in finance, procurement, award management, logistics, and/or human resource-related matters for large international development projects; with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for managing administration and finance aspects.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, leadership, and managerial skills.
• Familiarity with financial reporting and compliance requirements of USG contracts/cooperative agreements
• Experience in managing procurement and subcontracts/grants for a large project.
• Proven track record of implementing fraud mitigation practices and Risk management
• Experience with finance management, accounting and auditing, procurement, and establishment of internal controls; including grant compliance monitoring and management.
• Experience with strategic program planning, annual work planning, and budgeting.
• Experience managing successful teams working in multiple locations.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and accounting software.
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity and PSHEA (Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse).
• Preference will be given to those professionals with a membership of ACCA, CPA, or CA.
• Fluency in Nepali is preferred.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at
DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION, INTEGRATED NUTRITION... Nepal jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.