Medair Nili Afghanistan
4 weeks ago
Role & Responsibilities
Coordinating and managing the main support functions including general administration, base management, finance, human resources, and logistics. With line management responsibility for staff involved in support roles the Project Support Manager also represents Medair at relevant meetings with contractors, local authorities, NGOs and other stakeholders.
Medair Afghanistan is a complex and dynamic country programme due to instability related to politics and insecurity. Medair has been operating in Afghanistan since 1996, and is currently implementing multi-sectoral projects in health, nutrition, WASH and food security (including cash transfer programing) in vulnerable communities in the Central Highlands and Southern Afghanistan. Natural Resource Management and Emergency Response activities are also undertaken as required. All projects contribute to the overall objective of increased resilience.
Workplace & Working conditions
Field based... position in Nili, Afghanistan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
May 2023. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
Project Support Management
• Ensure the smooth running of the assigned bases including set-up, staff supervision, security, maintenance and liaison with landlords, contractors and suppliers.
• Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
• Ensure all internal financial controls are in place and that Medair and donor guidelines are followed.
• Oversee all human resource activities, supporting line manager.
• Ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to.
• Oversee the logistical support to programme staff and field bases.
• Monitor that regular computer back-ups, virus updates and routine maintenance are carried out.
• Work with field managers and GSO staff in the preparation and development of budgets for support and shared costs, ensuring they meet all relevant Medair and donor requirements.
• Manage and track expenditure of assigned budgets.
• In the Project Coordinator’s absence, attend relevant external coordination and security meetings and feedback information.
• Ensure security procedures are in place, guidelines are kept up-to-date and staff receive relevant security information. Provide support in managing security incidents as required.
• Draw up, manage and periodically review contracts between Medair and external suppliers.
• Submit accurate and timely internal reports and contribute on request to external reports.
• Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all transactions.
• Manage and oversee the assigned programme support staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc
• Hold regular team meetings with the assigned programme support staff, reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work.
• Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of support related activities and requirements.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
• Ensure good communication between project teams and support teams.
• Review, develop and implement systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks.
• Overall responsibility for staff health/occupational health procedures and compliance and development of procedures in-country.
Team Spiritual Life
• Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
• Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
• Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
• University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification
• Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
• Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession
• Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Strong commitment to Medair values
• Desire to serve others
• Team-player but also able to work independently
• Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills
• Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
• Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner
Project Support Manager Nili jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.