Rolls-Royce Etwall Derby United Kingdom
1 month ago
Verification & Validation Engineer - Rolls-Royce Electrical
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Verification & Validation Engineer to join Rolls-Royce Electrical (RRE) and become part of our team in Derby.
As a Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineer you will deliver verification and validation planning and execution for novel (hybrid-)electric propulsion systems and sub-systems. In this position you will support our engineering products throughout their entire life cycle; working with Design, Safety, Service, and Airworthiness Engineers to ensure our products meet company, customer, and regulatory requirements.
RRE is part of Rolls-Royce Holdings plc having a global footprint that supports all our operating sectors of Civil Aerospace, Defence, and Power Systems. Current activities in RRE are focused heavily on electrical propulsion systems, including electrical power generation, energy storage, power conversion and... electrical power distribution. Subsequently, there is a good focus on establishing and guiding the supply chain activity for these technology areas.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world. We're proud to be part of the pathway to net zero as we power society for generations to come.
Work with us and we'll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
This position offers you exciting tasks and opportunities and forms part of the exciting and rapid expansion of the company-wide electrical engineering activities.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and notable benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
What you will be doing:
You will work on developing an existing verification strategy and ensure its delivery in-line with an electrical test facility upgrade being completed in parallel. You will also:
• Review and validate system level requirements for a development electrical power system and its components, including the ability to verify and test.
• Ensure requirements are robustly validated and requirement maturity / risks are understood and communicated to the project team.
• Create, develop, and review system level tests for a developmental electrical power system, with support from subject matter experts, to provide evidence that the requirements of the system have been satisfied.
• Develop the tests into a coherent and strategic test plan considering order of test completion, technical risk, equipment and support requirements.
• Develop and ensure facility/rig design and instrumentation requirements emerging from the development and increasing maturity of the tests.
• Support the planning and coordination of activities to enable delivery of the test facility/rig upgrade and test completion.
• Capable of working with subject matter experts across a broad range of engineering capabilities, including electrical engineering specialties.
• Experience in V & V planning and execution and use of requirements mentorship tools.
• Understanding of rig design, upgrade or testing, highly desirable.
Who we are looking for:
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These values form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• A level of electrical system knowledge, through qualifications or work experience, with the ability and appetite to develop further distinctly.
• Capable of liaising with subject matter experts across a broad range of engineering disciplines including electrical machine design, power conversion, electrical protection, and related engineering disciplines.
• Knowledge or experience in systems engineering and use of systems engineering tools.
• Good communication and skills to effectively contribute to a highly integrated team.
• Working knowledge of domain plant and platform interfaces, component technology and behaviour during normal and abnormal operation, verification vehicles, electrical design, system architecture, development process constraints.
• Developing the knowledge required to provide advice / support to project teams and / or integrated product teams (IPT). Being able to create, search, and reuse knowledge with some guidance from established practitioners
• Good time mentorship skills able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Dynamically respond to evolving goals and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidisciplinary, energetic team of engineers and scientists.
• Ability to research application issues and products by being outward focussed and ability to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related industries.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse team and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at Our people | Rolls-Royce
Closing date: 12th May 2023
Validation and Verification
28 Apr 2023; 00:04
Etwall Derby UK
Jobs in Etwall Derby United Kingdom
Verification & Validation Engineer - Rolls-Royce Electrical Etwall jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.