Gordon Murray Design
Gordon Murray Design Warwick United Kingdom
1 month ago
About The Role
Gordon Murray Design Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for a Test & Validation Engineer – HV Systems to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick.
As Gordon Murray EV programmes progress towards production, it is imperative that components and systems undergo a full test and validation programme to prepare the innovative solutions for series production. This is an exciting role in a new team where specialism in electrification will provide a real focus on the high voltage system to support the skillset already present at vehicle level within the group.
This role will be focused on the test & development of the GME HV architecture, covering HV batteries, e-motors, power electronics and thermal systems for a specific vehicle application.
• Test and Validation of the components/sub-systems that make up the high voltage vehicle system.
• Requirements elicitation and analysis to support development of appropriate... test strategies and DV plans.
• Specification, design, development and realisation of appropriate rigs to enable component level (off vehicle/labcar) testing of the HV system.
• Provide guidance and oversee DV test plans operated by suppliers of technology components.
• Interface and integrate rig-based testing activities with those performed at vehicle level.
• Define a comprehensive test database to document progress through the test plan and maximise re-use and lessons learnt as applied to future test schemes.
• Align with vehicle homologation engineers to ensure that test plans support the certification requirements of the vehicle as a whole.
• Manage suppliers and availability of rigs and test equipment to ensure that build timelines are not impacted by delays to the test process.
• Produce high quality reporting and documentation to provide a suitable audit trail of the validation exercise.
• Significant experience of HV Systems within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of high voltage architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, HV harnessing, electrical safety systems, serviceability and control strategies.
• Experience in testing and debugging complex control systems using tools such as CANape, CANalyzer or CANoe.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• A comprehensive understanding of the V-Cycle and its application in an automotive environment.
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
Experience And Qualifications
Jobs in Warwick United Kingdom
Test & Validation Engineer – HV Systems GME114 Warwick jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.