Lear Corporation Coventry United Kingdom
1 month ago
Lear, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, enables superior in-vehicle experiences for consumers around the world. Our diverse team of talented employees in 39 countries is driven by a commitment to innovation, operational excellence, and sustainability. Lear is Making every drive better™ by providing the technology for safer, smarter, and more comfortable journeys. Lear, headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, serves every major automaker in the world and ranks #186 on the Fortune 500. Further information about Lear is available at lear.com, or follow us on Twitter @LearCorporation
The main purpose of the Validation engineer is to ensure that all seating products are compliant to the necessary customer, legal and industry standards within the milestones (timing), deliverables and cost constraints of the project.
This role is based in Coventry Tech Center (CV6)
• Build in conjunction with Test and... Engineering Teams, a Development Test Plan that ensures all variants are tested in accordance with Customer specifications and / or Lear best practice.
• Have the Project team and Customer sign-off the plan for correctness and financial viability.
• Develop test timing that achieves the Project milestones and ensures maximum engineering time to resolve and validate before production tool release.
• Report issues (Flags) back to Engineering project team (and customer if required) for including in Open Issues.
• Sign-off Engineering Changes during / post DV (Design Verification) testing to evaluate any re-test requirements and if post PV (Production Verification), homologation issues.
• Launch Review reporting of testing status, test quantity against plan and test results against specification.
• Liaise with external Test Houses to assist delivery of a satisfactory Test phase, including precise reporting and realistic scheduling.
• Advise Engineering Team of parts requirements for Test Programs
• Agree costs and raise Purchase Orders against Test Houses
• Use of Customer Related Systems to close programs (STRS, RMDV)
Key skills and Qualifications:
• Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent in Engineering (preferred)
• Experience working with MS Excel (Intermediate level) and Word.
• Automotive experience preferred
• Problem Solving skills
• Quotations – use of surrogate data
• Scheduling Experience
• Negotiation Skills
Jobs in Coventry United Kingdom
Validation Engineer - Coventry, UK jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.