South African Qualifications Authority
South African Qualifications Authority Pretoria South Africa
4 weeks ago
The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act, No. 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Senior Manager: Supply Chain and Facilities Management. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and management of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function and the Facilities Management function at SAQA. The incumbent will also oversee the management of the SCM unit and ensure effective maintenance of SAQA facilities.
The key performance areas of this position are to:
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to procurement administration and Supply Chain Management;
• Develop and implement a medium to long-term supply chain management strategies for SAQA;
• Leading administrative and supply chain management financial -year-end activities and responding to audit queries to ensure a clean audit;
• Analyse and interpret the organisational strategic plan to determine the future trends... strategic direction, financial and legal implications for the Supply Chain and Facilities Management unit;
• Compile a comprehensive budget to determine and ensure that the financial requirements for the unit are met;
• Ensure compliance with the relevant Legislation (PFMA, PPPFMA, National Treasury Regulations, NEMA and OHSA), SAQA policies and procedures and internal controls (Risk management);
• Oversee legislative implementation to ensure health and safety in the workplace;
• Manage the co-ordination of the Supply Chain and Facilities Management unit.
A minimum of 3 years senior management level experience or 10 years management experience is required within SCM / Administration/ Facilities or a related field. More than 3 years of experience within these relevant or a related field will be advantageous.
The incumbent must have extensive knowledge of contract management, OHSA, PFMA, National treasury requirements, and the built environment legislative framework. Project management, problem-solving, decision making, and strategic management should be the strengths of those aspiring for this appointment.
Characteristics of a transformational leader with strong leadership skills, a clear vision, and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid, and pension allowance are included in the total package.
To apply for this vacancy please use the following link: http://hr.saqa.co.za
Closing date: 30 April 2023
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications (A SAQA evaluation certificate will be required for all foreign qualifications). SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with shortlisted candidates
Pretoria South Africa
Senior Manager: Supply Chain and Facilities Management Pretoria jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.