UBC Sauder School of Business
UBC Sauder School of Business Vancouver Canada
4 weeks ago
At UBC, we believe that attracting and sustaining a diverse workforce is key to the successful pursuit of excellence in research, innovation, and learning for all faculty, staff and students. Our commitment to employment equity helps achieve inclusion and fairness, brings rich diversity to UBC as a workplace, and creates the necessary conditions for a rewarding career.
UBC Sauder School of Business is one of the world’s leading business faculties. The school consistently ranks among the top 100 in the world and is recognized internationally for excellence in research and learning, an outstanding faculty and unmatched global partnerships. A collaborative and respectful culture within which all members of our community can thrive is a key principle in our strategic plan, and one that underpins our educational mission.
We acknowledge that UBC Sauder at the Vancouver Campus is situated within the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Musqueam. We acknowledge... that UBC Sauder at the UBC Robson Square is situated on the traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh.
The Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) is a nonprofit organization that delivers an objectives-based program for massively scalable, seed-stage, science- and technology-based companies with locations in Canada, USA, France and the UK. CDL-Vancouver is anchored at the UBC Sauder School of Business, supporting and contributing to the entire west coast innovation ecosystem in Canada and in the US.CDL-Vancouver works directly with start-up companies within the Climate, Compute, Biomedical Engineering, and Advanced Therapies (stream info).
CDL is a high priority and high-profile initiative for the UBC Sauder School of Business and UBC. Program outcomes can be expected to have a significant impact on UBC Sauder and UBC’s public profile and standing in the eyes of Universities, the startup & technology sector, and the general public in both Canada and the US.
The Data Analyst works to maintain and transform data into meaningful insights regarding stakeholder behavior, trends, and operational effectiveness and develops new reporting tools and data visualizations and representations to advise CDL senior leadership and support data-driven decision-making.
The Data Analyst works extensively with Saleforce, Airtable and Google Drive and manages the data flow and interaction between these platforms. As the data management expert, the Data Analyst facilitates informed decisions on strategic action items and advances CDL-Vancouver priorities by performing qualitative and quantitative research, designing reporting systems, overseeing data collection and conducting analyses. The incumbent designs, develops and implements methods associated to this research.
• Collects, analyzes, interprets and extracts data. Works with complex datasets to research, analyze and prepare statistical reports on key findings.
• Advises CDL leadership team, uses statistical analysis to evaluate progress towards strategic targets.
• Creates regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) on a regular basis to track progress and success.
• Conducts benchmarking research exercises and analysis to support CDL’s objectives.
• Reorganizes and streamlines current databases to accurately synthesize reports, summaries, and dashboards to produce insights. Develops reporting schedule and creates and runs reports required for all levels of reporting.
• Maintains data and develops data quality assessments on main databases to ensure its accuracy and suitability.
• Recommends, develops, and implements process improvements to ensure the timely and accurate transfer of information into the CDL network-wide databases.
• In consultation with the team, builds solutions to simplify CDL’s data infrastructure and data visualization tools to empower the team to access and leverage data independently.
• Builds automations to reduce manual work while increasing efficiency and accuracy.
• Manages key data collection and implements new processes to acquire and analyze information that has been identified as significant to the operation of the organization.
• Contributes to the identification of CDL’s data needs and priorities for upgrades.
• Educates the larger team on how to use the tools according to the improved processes (on an ongoing basis). Provides training and answers questions around data management from CDL employees.
• Obtains and discloses confidential and sensitive information as appropriate, determining appropriate course of action, resolving details of unusual situations in the absence of established guidelines.
• Provides technical documentation of all aspects of the data management process.
• Performs other related duties.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum of two years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to respect diverse perspectives, including perspectives in conflict with one’s own
- Demonstrates a commitment to enhancing one’s own awareness, knowledge, and skills related to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• A high degree of computer literacy and extensive experience with Microsoft 365 and Google Drive, in particular, demonstrated high-level proficiency with advanced Excel/Google Sheets functions (VLOOKUP, PivotTables, PowerPivot, etc.).
• Proficiency with statistics, data cleaning, data mapping, data manipulation, and reporting.
• Experience working with databases and CRMs, preferably Salesforce and Airtable.
• Willing to learn the existing processes in place in order to propose improvements.
• Intermediate coding skills to create solutions in Airtable Scripting Extension or alternative new solutions as the team’s needs evolve. (Candidates with basic knowledge but a strong desire to develop coding skills will be considered.)
• Knowledge of Airtable Interfaces, Salesforce Dashboards, or any other data visualization software is strongly preferred.
• Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to be thorough, accurate, and have a high level of attention to detail.
• Technical documentation skills.
• The ability to work as part of an integrated team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Proactive, with demonstrated initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of privacy, copyright, and data security best practices.
• Proven quantitative research and analytical techniques with the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize complex and large sets of data.
$5,063.67 - $7,294.50 CAD Monthly
The Compensation Range is the span between the minimum and maximum base salary for a position. The midpoint of the range is approximately halfway between the minimum and the maximum and represents an employee that possesses full job knowledge, qualifications and experience for the position. In the normal course, employees will be hired, transferred or promoted between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range for a job.
Posting End Date
May 9, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
• Please apply directly via posting link, your application will be viewed there
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.