Canada's National Ballet School
Canada's National Ballet School Toronto Canada
1 month ago
Evening Residence Counsellor – Front Desk
Canada’s National Ballet School is currently inviting applications for the full-time contract position of Evening Residence Counsellor – Front Desk
We invite you to join the vibrant staff community of Canada's National Ballet School (NBS). NBS has 300+ employees supporting programs ranging from professional ballet training, community programs, and ground-breaking health promoting initiatives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our dormitory team, with the talent, innovative-thinking and passion to help NBS continue to share the transformative power of dance with people of all ages, abilities, and aspirations. As an organization NBS is continually evolving and we are looking for a professional with unique, new ideas to complement the School’s collaborative work culture.
Under the leadership of the Head of Residence, the Evening Residence Counsellor – Front Desk is responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the... boarding students and to support the efficient and effective functioning of Residence. Shift: Monday to Friday 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish a compassionate and nurturing environment for students by providing emotional support within a relationship of respect and healthy boundaries with each student
• Chaperone the students – escort to class, take them to meals, activities and events.
• Work as a team with other Child and Youth Counsellors and Residence leadership
• Provide guidance for students to ensure their safety in Residence and in the community
• Respond swiftly to any accidents or incidents, ensuring appropriate actions are taken and any incident/accident reports are completed in a timely manner
• Ensure all medications are dispensed in accordance with NBS policies, procedures and guidelines and student medical records
• Greet, welcome, direct and respond to inquiries from staff, students, parents and public
• Manage and distribute all general incoming correspondence (phone, mail, email, appointments, and deliveries)
• Perform accurate word-processing and clerical duties as requested using Word, Excel, etc.
• Monitor and ensure students, staff and visitors register before entering and leaving the building
• Liaise with various departments to support students by coordinating schedules and booking appointments on their behalf
• Maintain a safe and professional reception area by complying with policies and standard procedures
• Solve problems as they arise in consultation with colleagues and the Head of Residence
• Maintain high level of professionalism complemented by considerable discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality to effectively manage communications with parents, medical professionals and staff
• More than anything we are looking for passion – for someone looking for a calling in life and not just a job; some of the qualifications below are of keen interest as well:
• Relevant diploma in Child Youth Work, Social Work, Child Studies or equivalent (i.e. psychology, sociology) and 2+ years of directly-related work experience working with children in a residential setting
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively manage communications with parents
• Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of attention to detail
• Proficient technical skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and G-suite
• Work well in a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to use public transportation to take students to/from appointments
Successful candidates must supply Canada’s National Ballet School with a Vulnerable Sector Check in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be coordinated through the Human Resources Department of NBS.
Join our team today! Please email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations, to [email protected] and indicate “Evening RC – Front Desk 2023” in the subject line.
NBS is the largest dance training organization in Canada. At NBS, excellence, access and inclusion fuel our belief in sharing the transformative power of dance to change lives for the better. For 60+ years, NBS has been Canada’s leader for Olympic-calibre ballet training, with a track record for driving systemic, progressive change; evolving dance education significantly over time. Our pursuit of dynamic inclusion constantly reveals the life-changing impact of the power of dance. This is what drives our commitment to making dance a part of all Canadians’ lives. NBS continues its focus on excellence in ballet training, while leveraging its artistic core to expand NBS’ program offerings to engage more people than ever before.
To realize its mission, NBS strives to:
• Increase the relevance of the art of ballet in the lives of all Canadians
• Reflect a vision of leadership that touches more communities, more partners and greater breadth and depth of talent than ever before
• Address the need to bring new faces to ballet – as prospective professional students and as future enthusiasts for the art form – embracing and nurturing a more diverse spectrum of children and youth to participate in dance and explore training at the highest level
• Deliver the broadest range of impactful, evidence-informed community dance programs of any ballet school in the world
NBS is committed to the goal of being an equity-informed school. We invest heavily in work and practices that foster positive change internally while driving a progressive evolution in the wider sector. We recognize our responsibility as Canada’s largest arts training organization and one of its oldest, to address anti-Black racism, reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and systemic oppression in Canadian society. Building an inclusive sense of belonging at NBS for every dancer and employee is the School’s primary imperative
At NBS, we can offer you the chance to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. This is a place where you can realize and achieve your professional goals within a supportive and respectful environment. Collaborating with talented artists and colleagues on deeply satisfying and rewarding work, every employee has the opportunity to make a profound impact on our organization and on society.
At NBS we are committed to making our organization stronger by engaging individuals with a wide range of experiences, backgrounds and abilities. When you join us, you will be a part of an organization built on respect, creativity and a shared sense of purpose.
NBS is committed to building a remarkable and talented workforce that is reflective of the diversity in the City of Toronto. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, especially welcoming those with diverse intersectional identities who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, we ask you to please make your needs/requirements known
Evening Residence Counsellor – Front Desk Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.