Clean Earth Dayton OH United States
4 weeks ago
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure... commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed, our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer service.
Every day Clean Earth takes a hands-on, dedicated approach to recycling and beneficially reusing waste that would otherwise go into landfills. Allow our team of experts to provide a customized waste disposal and recycling solution for your company, tailored to your needs, and your goals.
Develop, lead, implement, monitor and execute the company’s waste & recycling management program at a customer location. Serve as liaison between Clean Earth, it’s customer and 3rd party logistics providers. strive for sustainable solutions for the customer’s waste and recycling programs. Drive recycling improvements, cost improvements and waste minimization in alignment with customer goals. Assist with research and implementation of sustainable and innovative programs. Working independently at the customer’s site under general supervision, responsible for implementation and day-to-day operations of Clean Earth’s waste management program.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Plan and schedule scrap/waste shipments at customer site, to ensure internal deadlines are met
• Ensure shipments are completed in a compliant manner (e.g. all items packaged, marked and labeled properly, paperwork meets regulatory requirements, proper DOT transporters are utilized). Ensure all local, State, and Federal requirements are adhered to.
• Assist with waste characterization of various waste streams
• Work with on-site teams daily to monitor waste and recycling programs and maintain swaps and pickups as needed.
• Work with customer teams on special projects as needed.
• Participate in weekly team planning calls; benchmark and share experiences with other program managers at similar customer locations.
• Maintain and update shipments in company systems for forecasting and billing purposes. Collaborate with customer service, billing and operations teams to ensure seamless customer experience.
• Serve as technical and EHS expert for client on hazardous waste and DOT regulations
• As technical expert within the organization, provide consultation on best known practices for appropriate disposition of all types of waste.
• Resolve site-level vendor and customer issues that may arise. Address issues in a professional manner with appropriate root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Coach customer and/or 3rd party organizations on Clean Earth systems/database and serve as liaison between parties to ensure collaboration and implementation of site programs.
• Conduct regular inspections of waste containers, both within the building and outdoor storage areas and remedy any leaks or spills per SOP.
Basic Required Qualifications:
• Either a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in the waste management industry OR, in lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in the waste management industry.
• Working knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulations.
• Experience in project management and/or client relations
• Experience in hazardous waste management, including preparation of labels and shipping paperwork
• Experience scheduling hazmat transporters/carriers
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Teams, and Share point
• Experience using an order entry system (Oracle ideal)
• Highly developed verbal communication skills to work with individuals at all levels of staff at the customer site and within Clean Earth
• Ability to lead others through influence
• Ability to work independently under general supervision
• Physically able to traverse large facility with busy forklift traffic, through narrow aisles, and ability to access locked fenced areas.
• Visual acuity to read labels and documents, and to perform compliance inspections of container storage areas
• Willingness and ability to wear company provided personal protection equipment including eye protection, steel toed shoes, and safety vest
• Ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response
Dayton OH USA
Jobs in Dayton OH United States
Environmental Sustainability Program Manager Dayton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.