Lieferando Canada Canada
1 month ago
Position: Senior Mobile Developer - Android
Team: Customer Mobile Product Team - CA
What's On Your Plate:
• We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team.
• We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks.
• Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn't an excuse.
• Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result.
• We constantly push our app's technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges.
• We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head-on as a team.
• When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it.
• Our teams are kept tight and efficient. Recipe for Success:
• At least 5 years of experience in developing native Android Apps.
• Finger on the pulse of the latest Android/Kotlin trends.
• Experience with Android SDK.
• Experience with Mobile Automation Testing.
• Experience using Git and related tools like GitHub and... Bitbucket.
• Demonstrable understanding of the Android application & view lifecycles.
• Experience with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development.
• Experience releasing, and maintaining Android applications.
• Understanding of functional & reactive programming.
• Understanding of architectural patterns like MVC, MVP and MVVM.
• Understanding of REST principles and exposure to the backend.
• Observance of Clean architectural and coding principles.
• Ability to write expressive, readable, composable, and testable Kotlin code.
• Ability to apply newly-learned knowledge/patterns quickly to write better code.
• Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Takes initiative on new ideas leading by example.
• Desire to mentor and share knowledge with engineers of all levels.
• Willingness to constantly improve quality standards. Gives and takes constructive criticism with maturity.
Optional Toppings (Nice to Have):
• Experience with RxJava/RxKotlin.
• Experience with Kotlin Multiplatform.
• Experience with Jetpack Compose.
• Experience with Kotlin Coroutines.
• Experience with Fastlane and/or maintaining CI/CD workflows.
• Knowledge in iOS development best practices.
What's It's Like To Work At Skip:
Skip is the kind of workplace that garnered a "Top Places to Work in Manitoba" and it was no small coincidence. We set out to make this a place our employees are proud to tell their Mothers, Fathers, friends and anyone who will listen that they work here. Skip team members feel pride knowing their input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That's just a small taste of what it's like to work at one of Canada's leading tech companies. If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment, we'd love to hear from you.
SkipTheDishes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees feel they truly belong and where everyone is included, seen, heard and respected. In keeping with our values, all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of: gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital/domestic partner status, (dis)ability, neurodivergence, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process, we encourage you to reach out to your talent acquisition specialist.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory
Senior Android Developer Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.