Datafin IT Recruitment
Datafin IT Recruitment South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Duties & Responsibilities
AN Electrical Design Engineer with critical attention to detail who can work in a pressure-driven environment handling multiple priorities is sought by a fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville. Your role will include Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software, preparing bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX) while evaluating scope of work and managing project timelines. You must have a B.Eng/BTech Degree in Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent with at least 3-10 years' work experience in a similar position with Advanced Excel skills. Candidates will work in Cape Town for 12-16 months and then move overseas to the States for the rest of their employment... period.
• Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software.
• Vehicle Electrical Systems Design, including 3D Wiring Design in Siemens NX, creating 2D Harness Drawings and Schematics.
• Electrical Component Integration.
• Evaluate scope of work and manage project timelines.
• Prepare bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX).
• Product data management (entering designs and related info into PDM software – Team Center).
• Ensure designs meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
• Design with cost saving, ease of installation and servicing in mind.
• Conduct concept and design reviews.
• Liaise with suppliers on designs.
• Assess results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
• Liaise with other Engineering disciplines and teams.
• B Eng Degree or BTech Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
• 3-10 Years' Engineering work experience.
• 3 Years experience working in an Electrical Design Engineering position.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Willing to relocate to the USA.
• Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
• South African Citizen.
• Automotive OEM Design.
• 3D CAD experience: Siemens NX.
• Schematics Design in Mentor Graphics Vesys.
• Attention to detail.
• Integrity and honesty.
• Good work ethic.
• Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile.
• Work independently.
• Excellent in task management.
• Team Player (Works well in a team).
• Have good problem-solving abilities.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Desired Experience & Qualification
see Duties & Responsibilities
Package & Remuneration
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Electrical Design Engineer (EV) (SA/USA) South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.